Full Version: question about server 25
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Red Dragon
Hailz

Is server 25 a windows box?

Thanks
JasonJones
Its a linux box..

Currently supporting 786 domains. (not subdomains, Full Domains)
Red Dragon
yeah i read your earlier post in regards to that. is this server a reseller rig or is it a shared setup that has just been packed till bursting? or (and i hope not) a mix of both?

reason why i ask is that my current host has experienced similir problems in addition to some rather extreme policy changes that both myself and my business would rather not have to experience again
JasonJones
It is a combination of both. There are quite a few resellers on this box as well.
Red Dragon
thanks for the info Jason
Dima
Dear customer, the server is already working. Sorry for the temporary inconveniences.
ptshosti
That seems to be the canned response. "Sorry" but does not get any better. Sorry implies that you will try and not put us in the same position. That does not seem to be the case for server25. So quit telling us you are sorry if you continue to put us in the same position by constantly having us experience downtime of this magnitude. Don't you think 700 some sites on the same server is a bit much? Think that could be part of the problem?
Jack Hertz
how exactly do I know whether or not I'm on server 25 anyway.. I know it's on linux. But it's currently down so if it's somewhere in the cpanel I can't check that way. Are there IP numbers that I can try to ping or what?
Alexandre
Tell me please your domain name and I'll provide with your server's name.

BTW JasonJones isn't right.

There are no
Currently supporting 786 domains.

You should subtract a few hundreds from this value. (3-4)
JasonJones
http://www.whois.sc/67.15.52.34 796 Websites.
Jack Hertz
it's jackhertz.com
Alec
Jack Hertz, you are on server 30

JasonJones, there is 796 domains hosted on the server, not the sites. I guess you understand the difference.
artrocity
QUOTE(JasonJones @ Mar 4 2005, 10:23 AM)

Here is one of the new machines at the planet.
I was just moved over there the first of the year.
http://www.whois.sc/70.84.105.196
Web server hosts 650 websites

The last time I did the math on this
my post was deleted so i wont go there again wink.gif
$$$

But Jason is right. Subdomains are not included in this total.
So there could be *more* actual sites.
like bigfatforum.mydomain.com
and oversizedpicturegallery.mydomain.com
and uselessramblingblog.mydomain.com...

You get the picture?
It could be more or it could be less
But the number is what it is
and we all know how thats working out!
Alec
Yes we can calculate average number of sites on each server but it is not a factual value of server load. One site may be equal hundreds or thousands of sites. The real level of server load is a total number of visits and volume of transferred data per day or per hour. We check our servers and when see that some of those value is critical we rearrange the accounts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here