Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aol Blacklist problem - Is it sorted out
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
bhavul
It is very important that there should be antivirus solution on your servers. It is often seen that virus messages are going to all emails users and other other undefined email users from your servers. This must stop soon.
bhavul
Dear Sir,

Is the Aol Blacklist problem finally sorted out or is it still pending.

Bhavul
bhavul
We are receiving continous virus mails at the email id tak@akgc.net
Examples

Sent from host@slb.com

and msg reads like this

P Error []
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

The full mail-text and header is attached

*-* AntiVirus: Found to be clean
*-* "AKGC" Anti-Virus Service
*-* http://www.akgc.net

another one is from hostmaster@telus.net

and yet third one now from

another mail now from register@thawte.com

Pls check the problem
Alec
We do not use advanced antivirus services because it is server-wide and if somebody uses mail services for business no message can be deleted without his approval. There is no antivirus software with 100% efficiency.

We run basic antivirus, built in mail server software. It can determine spam by attachment type, suspicious content and set rate point for every message delivered through the server.

If you get tons of unsolicited messages you need to configure your hosting account using mail filters and spam assassin tools. Surely you need to install antivirus software on your home computer.

Sorry for the misunderstandings.
bhavul
There are many host solutions providers who have antivirus built in on the server. And they give option to the user to either keep it on or off. And also even with spam filter we are still getting lot of spams. But that is ok. Atleast virus emails incoming and outgoing should be scanned. most of the good providers do that and every incoming and outgoing mail gets stamp that it is not virus checked and safe

Bhavul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here