Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions before purchase
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Evl
Hi, I'm currently hosting a site at hostsave and have over the months become concerned with their product and am now looking to move on. But with the hundreds of companies out there it's a difficult task trying to choose the right one, so here are my questions/comments.

1. I play an internet based game and as a part of this game I host a phpBB forum. Which is dependant on MySQL. My biggest problem with hostsave has been a slow access time to that server. Is the MySQL server always up on a regular basis @ hostony? I noticed comments about that in this forum.

2. I see posts about a 30 day guarantee. Am I to assume that if in the first 30 days I'm not satisfied, I will be refunded and not expected to stay with Hostony after a web site name has been established? If so can I then pay for that name (for a small fee) to move it elsewhere?

3. Where is Hostony located? I'm not the best web designer out there, but I do like to mess around. I live in the U.S. and would like to have an idea as to what type of wait times I may incur if I have a question.

I thank you for your response in advance. That's another big issue with my current provider. I go days before hearing anything.
Dima
Dear Customer!!!!!!!!

1. I should say that MySQL server is very stable at hostony.

2. As for 30 day guarantee, we assure you that if in the first 30 days you are not satisfied with our service you will be refunded and not expected to stay with Hostony after a web site name has been established

3. You asked about the location of hostony. It's located in the UK. The address is:

Internet and Software Services Limited
Le Quesne Chambers
9 Burrard Street
St Helier
Jersey JE2 4WS

Hostony Support Department
Evl
Certainly seems fair enough. One last question, how quick are you to get a person up and running? I'll be honest with you, I recently signed up with another company 2 days ago. Here I am, well beyond 48 hours later and I am still not able to connect to the mysql server. Granted I realize this is all considered "cheap" web hosting. But when I pay for something, I like to use it right then and there. I feel 24 hours should be enough time for me to be able to get moving on it. Maybe I'm just impatient, but a dollar is a dollar no matter how you look at it.
Dima
Dear Customer, the procedure of ordering an account by hostony is the following:

1) You place an order
2) We call you in order to verify your order by voice ( we'll ring you up as soon as we see this new order on our site)
3) We set up the account within 30 minutes and in a couple of hours you are able to access your site and the Mysql server as well

Hostony support Department
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here