Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: maintenance
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
ser_pros
Greetings,

On Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 we will be conducting site-wide network maintenance beginning at 11:59PM local
time (US-Central - GMT-0600) to cut site traffic over to the new redundant fiber ring directly between the DLLSTX4 and the
DLLSTX3 Internet POP site. The systems are already in place and currently being tested to ensure that the ring is
operating without issue prior to cutover.

The work will be done in 3 phases:

Phase 1 - Routing protocols will be enabled on the new links connecting the two datacenters. Once the protocols are up,
traffic will naturally start flowing across the new links to DLLSTX3 for Internet destined traffic, and across the existing
links for traffic between the DLLSTX2 and DLLSTX4 datacenters. During this phase, it is possible that our end users will
experience some latency and packet loss as the new routing paths are brought online.

Phase 2 - After establishing that all is well (approximately 30 minutes) on the new circuits, engineers will be upgrading
the existing fiber systems between the DLLSTX2 and DLLSTX4 datacenters. Tests so far have shown that traffic is
uninterrupted during the upgrade, however it is possible that direct DLLSTX2-DLLSTX4 connectivity might be affected. If
this occurs, traffic will flow across the new links without issue.

Phase 3 - After the upgrade, connectivity will be checked once more to insure that all is functioning normally. Assuming
all systems show normal, the work will be completed.

The total time scheduled for the work is 2 hours. The total time expected for the work to be completed is less than 45
minutes, during which time little to no downtime is anticipated. The extra time is to allow our engineers time to
troubleshoot any issues that could manifest during the work.

We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this work.

Thank You.
MartinB
Thanks for the Announcement!

What are DLLSTX2, 3, 4 ?
data centers? why the letters ?

thank you in adveance smile.gif
JasonJones
I think its a Cut and Paste from ###### smile.gif
MartinB
hehe yes wink.gif
but i have more job, i'm translating the note to spanish for my own reseller's clients biggrin.gif
jchrastina
Hostony - This announcement is outstanding! You have provided sufficient detail for us to understand any outages or disruptions. Many of us have asked for this kind of up-front customer notification and communications for a few years now. I truly believe these kinds of announcements can go a long way toward PREVENTING many trouble tickets, angry emails, and nasty forum posts.

The only other suggestion I offer is that you make these kinds of postings in a PROMINENT spot right at the first screen of the Forum, not somewhat buried in a topic.

Continue to do these postings.

Lastly - DLLSTX is Dallas, Texas, the location of one of the datacenters used by Hostony.

JimC
MartinB
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here