Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 questions on VPS vs Reseller
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
rpaniagua
Hi, I?m a newbie, trying to offer some of my photography customers a package that besides Photo and Printed catalog includes also a simple website.

I don?t know much about web desing, So I?m considering a reseller or a VPS plan.

I have many questions, but this are the main ones:

1. I want to know if the VPS has the same features as the Reseller plan.

2. Which are the features that make VPS better than Reseller

3. How do you manage the VPS since it doesnt have CPANEL

4. Can Sitezen be installed on Reseller and on VPS??

5. Does VPS and Reseller include Fantastico ?

Thanks for any help and comments.

(sorry that?s 5 questions not 3)
artrocity
QUOTE(rpaniagua @ Feb 23 2005, 08:11 PM)
Hi, I?m a newbie, trying to offer some of my photography customers a package that besides Photo and Printed catalog includes also a simple website.
I don?t know much about web desing, So I?m considering a reseller or a VPS plan.

If you are a newbie I'd suggest a reseller account over a VPS.
VPS has more conrtol as you can install whatever you'd like
but you are also reponsible for security and keeping your sysytem up to date.

Unless you are a Linux guru , start with the reseller
and if you outgrow that you can upgrade...

My 2cents...
Slavik
Hello.
With every Private label Reseller Plans you'll get bulk space and bandwidth on fast servers to host Unlimited number of domains with full control over the packages & price planning. We will remain completely in the background. You'll be able to have your private nameservers ns1.yourcompany.com and ns2.yourcompany.com providing you with a look of independence and make it appear as if you run your own webhosting operation. With each reseller account you'll get 2 web-based control interfaces. Web Host Manager (WHM) for creating and managing your customers' accounts and an end user interface Cpanel. Through WebHost Manager you can add/remove accounts on a server, park or point domains, control bandwidth, disk space, etc. Using Cpanel your customers with a touch of a mouse will be able to add/remove POP3 accounts, setup autoresponders and forwarders, add subdomains, create mysql databases, create custom error pages, download backups, create ftp accounts, setup Interchange Shopping Cart, access to web statistics. Reseller includes Fantastico.
Our Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are the perfect solution for small- to medium-sized businesses, programmers, webmasters and web hosting resellers. Combined with our top-notch connectivity and support, this technology is a powerful answer to modern hosting needs. All of our virtual private servers are placed on our premium Intelligent Path Network. VPS has cpanel and you can install whatever you need on it.
rpaniagua
Thanks guys for the info, one last question, is there a site or web builder that can be installed on the reseller plan??

I find this forum very helpful, especialy for people like me that are just beginig.

Thanks again.

RPW
Dima
Dear Ricardo, we don't have some special site or web builders that can be installed on the reseller plan
For these reasons there is a programme called Fantastico. There also a lot of different scripts like Mambo used for site buildi

Please open this tutorial http://www.demodemo.com/1/tutorials/cpanel_fantastico_2.htm to see how Fantastico works
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here