Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couple of Pre-Sales Questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Rusty The Wonderdog
Hi, I'm considering Hostony and have a couple of questions.

1. Is there an uptime guarantee? If so, are there any refunds for downtime and what are the conditions for any reimbursements?

2. What are the terms if an account goes over the alloted bandwidth? Is the website suspended and the owner contacted, or will the website continue to use bandwidth over the alloted amount, racking up large fees?

3. What, if any, fees are there for enabling the SSL option for a site?

Thanks for any information.
Dima
Dear Rusty!!!!!

1. As for the uptime guarantee, I must say that the downtime happens not more than two times per year and that's why we don't guarantee any refunds for the downtime

2. If account goes over the alloted bandwidth we suspend the website and contact the owner , if you want to continue using your bandwidth over the alloted amount you should pay an additional fee for it.

3. The enabling of the SSL option for a site costs 99$ per year+one dedicated IP costs 3$ per month.

Hostony Support Department
MartinB
QUOTE(Dima @ Feb 23 2005, 03:49 AM)
1. As for the uptime guarantee, I must say that the downtime happens not more than two times per year and that's why we don't guarantee any refunds for the downtime

Sorry Dima but are you really-really sure of this? dry.gif smile.gif
Dima
Dear Customer, we are really sure that the downtime of the server happens not more than 2-3 times during the year. smile.gif biggrin.gif
artrocity
QUOTE(Dima @ Feb 23 2005, 02:49 AM)

OH, I thought you were really,really sure about the fact that you
don't guarantee any refunds for the downtime ! laugh.gif
Slavik
We are really, really sure that the downtime of the server happens not more than 2-3 times during the year and that's why we don't guarantee any refunds for the downtime .

Best regards,
Hostony Support Team biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
MartinB
biggrin.gif

Anyways...what about the "99% Uptime guarantee" listed in the hostony's website ?

Uptime  Guarantee (99%)

We do our best to provide our clients with reliable hosting solutions. Our claims are backed with our 99% uptime guarantee. If  our monitoring system registers server downtime for more than 1% of the month, we\'ll issue a prorated credit toward your next service contract with Hostony

Note: 99% Uptime is like 3,65 days (87.6 hs) of downtime in a year, or 7.44hs each month.
Alec
I'm really sure that total downtime of server 67.15.16.19 was less than 1% for the latest month,
MartinB
yes Alec, i know, I'm not complaining about the downtime of my server, I'm just curious about the Dima's post, saying is not guarantee or refund, and copy&pasting a text of Hostony's website saying than they have 99% guarantee with a "prorated credit" smile.gif
Lehrer
We have discussed a thousand times that 100% guarantee differs a little from 99%. and 30 days payback money is guaranteed. (when one begins using our services).
no refunds are given for the downtimes.
MartinB
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Feb 24 2005, 06:27 PM)
100% guarantee differs a little from 99%

100% right, differ a 1% smile.gif smile.gif wink.gif

QUOTE(Lehrer @ Feb 24 2005, 06:27 PM)
no refunds are given for the downtimes.

Ok! but Hostony's website don't say this, and when I contract the service, i contract it based in the guarantees and other info posted in the website. Anyways, i know than when the downtime was < 99% Hostony give us a package upgrade to the next level. So maybe there is a misunderstanding in the current conversation, or somebody don't read the posts right, or Hostony need to check what they put in their website. dry.gif

Greetings, best regards, and have a nice night. (23:45 here) wink.gif
peteT
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Feb 25 2005, 07:12 AM)
So maybe there is a misunderstanding in the current conversation, or somebody don't read the posts right, or Hostony need to check what they put in their website.

Exactly!

Quote from http://hostony.com/hosting.html

We do our best to provide our clients with reliable hosting solutions. Our claims are backed with our 99% uptime guarantee. If our monitoring system registers server downtime for more than 1% of the month, we\'ll issue a prorated credit toward your next service contract with Hostony.
peteT
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Feb 25 2005, 07:12 AM)
So maybe there is a misunderstanding in the current conversation, or somebody don't read the posts right, or Hostony need to check what they put in their website

Exactly!
Quote from http://hostony.com/hosting.html

We do our best to provide our clients with reliable hosting solutions. Our claims are backed with our 99% uptime guarantee. If our monitoring system registers server downtime for more than 1% of the month, we\'ll issue a prorated credit toward your next service contract with Hostony.
peteT
got mysql error didnt think it actually posted
sorry for the duplication
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here