Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: slow startup OR no login email
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
kirbsand
Am attempting to move to hostony servers because of unsat performance of previous hoster (email running 10 days behind). Imidiatly after ordering I recieved an email at my secondary address which said among other things, "Your account will be set up within 24 hours upon validation of your order. Login instructions will be sent to email you provided us within 24 hours. " I recieved this email on thursday and have recieved no other email regarding my account. The domain I am moving is kirbsand.com . What am I waiting for?

Kirby
Dima
Dear Customer, I've just sent the account activation letters to these addresses
hostony@kirbsand.com
jkirbstone@yahoo.com

We created the account two days ago and sent you the account activation letter at once, but I guess that due to some email problems it didn't reach you.
In case you won't get this letter again please contact us immediately suuport@hostony.com
kirbsand
I got the email (at the yahoo address, kirbsand.com email is broke). However the login and password that the email gave me did not work. The username was kirbsand, and the password I cut and pasted. Both web based control and ftp failed. Web based control offered an option to reset the password by entering my username, and I tried that, but after an hour I have not recieved the reset password. The reset may have been sent to just my primary email, but then I wouldn't get it because only my secondary is working right now.

James Kirby
domain kirbsand.com
username kirbsand
Alexandre
Please try again to login with that password.
It is working.
I have checked.

We ordered transfer of your domain name a few days ago.

It is still being processed.

Overall Order Status: Processing

Thank you for your patience.
kirbsand
The password I have is still not working. Just to make its not the problem of one piece of software I tried it with 3 browsers, and 2 ftp programs. Maybe we arn't using the same password? Mine ends in 'r456' . I sent the activation email to support@hostony.com if you need to know what password I got.

James Kirby
domain kirbsand.com
username kirbsand
Lehrer
Dear James, your password was really not working. I have sent you a new one via e-mail. Please save it in your account activation email and accept our apologies. biggrin.gif
kirbsand
oops, too many cooks in the kitchen.

I had been contacted by email by support@hostony.com who told me that the problem was that I had been given the wrong http address, and behold! When I went to the link it gave me it worked. One of the first things I did was change the password. Later while I was in the middle of managing my mysql databases I was suddenly logged out and could not log in with any password. As I look at the latest post here, the time that I was logged out is fairly close to the time that a 'new password' was sent to me. Also, I have not recieved that new password at my yahoo address, which is at present the only address that is working.
james Kirby
domain kirbsand.com
username kirbsand.
Lehrer
I have sent the password to your yahoo address. Sorry for this misunderstanding. blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
Lehrer
kirbsand, have you recieved it this time? I hope you have...
kirbsand
everything is currently working, except that www.kirbsand.com does not yet point to your server, but that is hopefully only a matter of time. I hope I don't have to wait for action from my previous hoster, they are not quick on the ball.

Kirby
ser_pros
Dear customer
Your domain has not been yet transferred to our company.

Transfer in Process - Acquiring Current Whois for Transfer Verification
kirbsand
How long is that transfer likely to take?

Kirby
ser_pros
It takes about 5-7 days to transfer the domain.
kirbsand
Its now been at least 10 days and the domain is still pointing at my old hoster, are we sure this thing is going through? I have no way of telling.
Kirby.
Alexandre
The transfer of your domain name was cancelled.
kirbsand.com Canceled - cannot obtain domain contacts from UWhois
You should confirm transfer via email.
This email was defined as registrant contact.
Also you should contact your old domain name registrar and check if the domain name is unblocked.

The status of the transfer is

"Overall Order Status: Processing"
kirbsand
"You should confirm transfer via email." confirm with whom?

kirby
Alec
You will receive email message with confirmation link to the email address which is set up as the domain's contact address.
kirbsand
I have not yet recieved this link at either my primary (working now) or my secondary email address.

Kirby
Alec
I've resubmitted your domain transfer, wait for email
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here