Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FURIOUS! My Domain has been Hijacked!!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
flamesrock
OK, so my card was automatically billed, but when I visit my website:
www.simcitysphere.com

I get search page, telling me that the domain has expired, and pointing to enom.com. Does this mean the name has been hijacked?

Unnacceptable service. I've put up with a lot in the past, and I understand that this is a discount host. But having my domain hijacked is absolutely wrong. Period. I want a reply immediately
Alexandre
Your domain wasn't hacked smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

It has been expired.
Creation date: 17 Feb 2004 19:20:48
Expiration date: 17 Feb 2005 19:20:48

Please contact billing department.

billing@hostony.com
flamesrock
I can't! When I try loggin into finedesk, it says: ERROR: Invalid login or your account is not activated yet. (after resetting my password too)

Whats the heck is going on? Last time this was billed automatically, and there wasn't any trouble at all. I even got an email yesterday stating that I had been billed
Alec
Please email them to billing@hostony.com
JasonJones
QUOTE(Alec @ Feb 19 2005, 10:42 AM)
Please email them to billing@hostony.com

Just a thought, but what if their domain name was their only email address? Being that the domain is expired, and no longer routing, how would you expect them to send/recv email?
Dima
" how would you expect them to send/recv email?"

Why didn't the owner of the domain get in touch with us earlier so that we could renew his domain name. Why didn't he think about it beforehand? The expiration date is the 17th of February. The customer could ask us to renew the domain much earlier knowing that it would stopp working on the 17th of February.
There is a web site http://dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=simcitysphere.com where he can see the status of his domain every minute.
We'll renew the domain as soon as the billing department take the sum of money (needed for this renew) from your CC. It'll happen in 9 hours.

Please try to control the status of your domain next time.
Hope for your understanding.

Hostony support department.
artrocity
QUOTE(Dima @ Feb 20 2005, 05:58 PM)
Please try to control the status of your domain next time.

I think this is the key message here.
If you control your own domain then
you can only blame yourself when it expires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here