Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Add on domains
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
LactoseLactoseCom
I have a few domains registered on dotster.com that I would like to have hosted on hostony for my add on domains. What are the steps for doing this?
bgp1
If your plan supports it just log into CPanel, click on the "Add-on Domains" button, type in the info, and click "Add". If your plan does not support it, well, this is where Hostony comes in...
Alec
First, check whether your plan includes addon domains
LactoseLactoseCom
i paid for hosting that includes 9 so I hope it includes them. I have them in there. I guess my real question is how do I point them to hostony's dns servers.

-Dave
ser_pros
Please tell me your main domain and I'll provide you with nameservers which you should use.
LactoseLactoseCom
main domain is lactoselactose.com, though, it seems like that still has not been transfered to your server. That's probably going to be a problem, eh.
ser_pros
The domain lactoselactose.com hasn't been transferred yet to our company.
We are still waiting when it be transferred.
LactoseLactoseCom
any idea on how long that will be?
Alexandre
I think it will be transferred in 5 - 7 days.
wink.gif
LactoseLactoseCom
not to be a stingy jerk, but do you think I could have me refundable period extended a little beyond the 30 days since that will only give me a couple days to test how our databases and php works on your server.
Alec
Your domain transfer is in pending status (Awaiting Release by Current Registrar)

Please contact nexpoint.net. They must receive email from us and confirm the transfer.

We'll let you a chance to test your site in our server after 30 days trial period if the domain will be transferred with delay.
LactoseLactoseCom
ok, I called the fellas and they said they would authorize the transfer though these guys have been pretty flakey in the past. Can you tell if they did it?
Lehrer
I'm afraid your NS records are not yet propagated. Are you sure they have unlocked your domain?
ser_pros
Dear customer
I couldn't tell if they did it.
We are still waiting when your domain be transferred to our company.
LactoseLactoseCom
thanks, you can call me Dave
LactoseLactoseCom
Any idea when my domain (lactoselactose.com) will be transfered. My old hoster sent me this.

"Your domain has been authorized for transfer and we have concluded the transfer.
It is set to have been transferred on 2-19-05."
Alec
We have re-initiated the domain transfer one more time and are waiting for response from the domain registrar.
LactoseLactoseCom
Who exactly is the domain registrar. Is that my current hosting provider? If so you can let them have it by calling 1-866-NEXPOIN (639-7646).
artrocity
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=lactoselactose.com

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
DNS Administrator ******@nexpoint.net
Nexpoint Technologies, Inc.
P.O. Box 1766
Harrisonburg, VA 22803
USA
+001.8666397646
Fax- +001.7038328733

Record last updated on 27-Jan-2005.
Record expires on 13-May-2005.
Record created on 13-May-2004.
LactoseLactoseCom
yeah, that looks farmiliar
LactoseLactoseCom
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Feb 21 2005, 10:12 PM)
I'm afraid your NS records are not yet propagated. Are you sure they have unlocked your domain?

QUOTE(Alec @ Feb 25 2005, 04:55 PM)
We have re-initiated the domain transfer one more time and are waiting for response from the domain registrar.

Are you saying that it did not work a second time and you had to reinitiate the process on Feb 25. If so, can you give a specific set of instructions to give my current hosting provider.
Alec
The domain name has been transferred and will work in a couple of hours.
artrocity
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnstime.ch?n...tose.com&type=A
look like someone moved the dns to hostony
it wont be long now !!! laugh.gif
LactoseLactoseCom
awesome
Slavik
Your domain has been transfered
LactoseLactoseCom
Cool, except that it is still going to my old server. How soon can I expect that to be switched over?
Alec
Your site works from the new server:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?na...tose.com&type=A
LactoseLactoseCom
Good. Then for my original question. What name servers do I use to get my add on domains to work? lactoselactose.com is my main domain.
Alec
The name servers are:

dns.hostony.com
dns.hostony.org
LactoseLactoseCom
ok, I updated the name servers. How long should it take before they work...and is there anything else I should do other than add the domains in cpanel and tell them where to direct to.
Dima
Dear Customer, the nameservers will be propagated in not more than 72 hours
LactoseLactoseCom
Well, it's been about 3 days and my add ons still aren't going where I want. Here's the stuff from DNSstuff
----------------------------------------------------------------
How I am searching:
Searching for Toledopunks.com A record at i.root-servers.net [192.36.148.17]: Got referral to L.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [took 50 ms]
Searching for Toledopunks.com A record at L.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.41.162.30]: Got referral to dns.hostony.com. [took 74 ms]
Searching for Toledopunks.com A record at dns.hostony.com. [67.15.111.43]: Reports toledopunks.com. [took 98 ms]

Answer:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer
toledopunks.com. A IN 14400 128.121.21.37
toledopunks.com. NS IN 14400 dns.hostony.com.
toledopunks.com. NS IN 14400 dns.hostony.org.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
128.121.21.37 is the IP of my old server Nexpoint.net. This domain was never hosted with them, it merely had a redirect through "dotster.com" to "lactoselactose.com/publishing/toledopunks/index.php" which is now on Hostony so I can't figure out why it would try to go to Nexpoint's server. If you go to Toledopunks.com, you also see a error page on my old server.
LactoseLactoseCom
bump
Alec
Please check it now.
LactoseLactoseCom
sweet, can you fix my other ones too

thetoledowire.com
toledoindependent.org
madeofsoap.com
bloodumpster.com
Alexandre
Hello

I have fixed the bug for all the domains.

thetoledowire.com
toledoindependent.org
madeofsoap.com
bloodumpster.com

wink.gif
LactoseLactoseCom
Awesome. Thanks a lot.

Two questions:

1) Is there a way to make my add-ons always disply their Domain name in the address bar.

For instance when you go to Toledopunks.com it then redirects to:

http://www.lactoselactose.com/publishing/toledopunks/

and it displays this address in the address bar. Is it possble to make it read simply "Toledopunks.com" in the address bar and use the Toledopunks domain to refer to other files in that folder, for instance:

Toledopunks.com/bands.php or Toledopunks.com/events.php

2) how long will it take for those bug fixes on my other domains to take effect.
midav
This problem is caused by your .htaccess files

for example:
/home/lactosel/www/toledopunks/.htaccess

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^toledopunks.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.toledopunks.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://lactoselactose.com/publishing/toledopunks [R=301,L]

We can fix it but we need delete all your htaccess files for addon domains
Are you agree?
LactoseLactoseCom
OK, I talked it over with my partner and we say go for it.

By the way, is that the reason that those four other addon domains aren't working or why I can't type "toledopunks.com/bands.php" to refer to "lactoselactose.com/publishing/toledopunks/bands.php"...

...or both
Dima
Dear Customer, .htaccess files are the real cause of your problem with addon domains. We'll delete all your htaccess files, all you need to do is to open a troubleticket on the Finedesk ( http://support.hostony.com). In your ticket please give us your domain name, username, password and the link for your cpanel.

Hostony Support Department.
LactoseLactoseCom
Cool, it looks like those domains are gong to the right places now.

as for my other question...

Is there a way to make my add-ons always disply their Domain name in the address bar.

For instance when you go to Toledopunks.com it then redirects to:

http://www.lactoselactose.com/publishing/toledopunks/

and it displays this address in the address bar. Is it possble to make it read simply "Toledopunks.com" in the address bar and use the Toledopunks domain to refer to other files in that folder, for instance:

Toledopunks.com/bands.php or Toledopunks.com/events.php
Alec
The problem is fixed by trouble ticket
LactoseLactoseCom
yeah, it's looking good
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here