Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back for More
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
I've been very pleased over the past ~2 months with my Hostony account, and I'd like to move one of my sites over to my current Hostony hosting.

Here is how I have it now: [DomainA]'s content is hosted by Hostony, [DomainB]'s content is on another host.

Here is how I want it: [DomainA]'s content AND [DomainB]'s content is hosted by Hostony.

However, I don't want to just park the domain or use an addon domain (two features available in my control panel at Hostony.) I want it so that I can manage each domain separately as conveniently and powerfully as I am able to manage my one Hostony account now.

I got the Profi package, which allows only one hosted domain.

So... will getting the Additional 1 Hosted Domain upgrade for my current Profi package allow me to do this? If so, how can I go about getting the upgrade? Or should I just park the domain / addon a domain and point it to a sub-folder until (see next paragraph) I am able to host 2 domains? Would that be the more effective option?

When my contract is about up with you guys, I'll be renewing for a longer period with the next better hosting package, so if you can just help me to get through this til then (when I automatically get 2 domain hosting), I'd appreciate it greatly. biggrin.gif

PS, I will have to transfer my [DomainB] from one registrar to another (so that I can control it... bad current registrar won't let me change the DNS tongue.gif), so I am not in a big hurry, because I'll still have a while before I can change the DNS to point to Hostony hosting.

Thanks! smile.gif
Alec
Ok
If you have current profi package you can upgrade your plan to Advanced. In that case we will stop your current billing and start Advanced account.

With Advanced account we can share resources between two your accounts and you will have two separate accounts with separate cpanel logins.
Anonymous
Would I get a refund/reimbursement/credit/whatever from the ~4 months I haven't used of my current hosting plan?
Alec
Yes. We will refund the rest of the money.

Don't forget to notify us about you order is just an up-grade and what order (or domain name) we must stop and refund.
Anonymous
Will there be any noticeable downtime during this change of hosting package? Will I have to re-setup all my CPanel settings or upload my files again?
Anonymous
Changing of a hosting package is just changing your limits in config files. it doesn't affect your uptime or your data.
Shurik
Oh, sorry, previous post was mine.
I forget to log in biggrin.gif
Anonymous
Alright. I'm slow to decisions, but I can tell you I will be doing this in the future.

I read in another post that I should just order an Advanced package but put for my domain "UPGRADE-mydomain.com"? I suppose that the refund will just be deducted from the price of this new hosting?

Sorry I ask so many questions, but I am very cautious, as I do not want to make any mistakes. happy.gif Thanks for your help so far.
Anonymous
This forum was opened especially for those who want to ask questions. We don't afraid questions, we are open for everyone :-)
As for your question. You need to purchase another package (the package you want to upgrade to) and add the prefix "UPGRADE" to your domain name. Then we will stop you billing for the old package and refund the rest part of money, if it is necessary.
Anonymous
Alright, I think that explains it all, then.

Thank you for your help.
Hi, this is the same person again. I now have the funds and am ready to upgrade my account from Profi to Advanced. I think I have something like a month left on my previous contract. Anyway, what do I need to do, again? I had 6 months of Profi, now I want to end that and get 12 months of Advanced, and I want to get my reimbursement too. So I go and order 12 months of Advanced and tell it for my domain "UPRAGE-nhforums.com", correct? Then how will you give me my reimbursement?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here