Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Account Problems
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
dss
I have several issues I need help with. I am trying to get a new special hostony account/web page set up. I have browsed all through the cpanel options, enabled (and logged in with) ssh, ftp, added email users, added ftp users, and changed the cpanel password. The one thing I cannot find is a way to make the site go live. It has been one week since the site was set up. I can ping the domain (as described in another post here) but a visit to the site results in:

There is no website configured at this address.

You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site.

I have tried everything I could think of. I sent an email to support several hours ago. Now I am trying to get back to the cpanel to attempt more, but the login page fails to authenticate me. (As I said I changed the password, and I verified it worked then. Now it does not.) The last thing I tried while I was still logged on earlier was to "park" my domain at my domain. I thought that something needed to tell the apache server about the domain. But there was no difference. The domain name is custommicronics.net.

Additionally I thought I was supposed to be able to configure DNS as well. But I don't understand how cpanel permits this. I also was not able to find a way to add shell accounts as the setup email said I could. I was able to install post-nuke in a subdirectory. It appears that all the files were loaded, the database setup. But access to it is not available either.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
artrocity
QUOTE(dss @ Feb 11 2005, 07:22 PM)
Additionally I thought I was supposed to be able to configure DNS as well. But I don't understand how cpanel permits this.  I also was not able to find a way to add shell accounts as the setup email said I could. I was able to install post-nuke in a subdirectory. It appears that all the files were loaded, the database setup. But access to it is not available either.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cpanel doesnt allow you to setup DNS.
It should be setup when your account is setup and
*should* be automatically setup on any addon domains.

Shell access must be enable by support.
again no cpanel option to enable this.

All files for your main domain must be placed in your public_html folder.

Did you install the nuke in the main folder or a subfolder?
fantasico should have sent you an email telling you the folder in placed it self in
and any passwords for postnuke

those are the obvious user errors ...anything else would have to be addressed by support.

Good luck ...
dss
I installed post-nuke into a sub-directory because it failed to install into the root. The error message indicated that that directory already contained a file it wanted to create. (It did not reveal the filename.) So I placed it in "postnuke". I also placed a file "test.php" in the public_html directory for the obvious purpose.

It really looks like an apache server configuration issue that is keeping the site from working (imho).

My other problems are probably misunderstandings or self inflicted. I have not had prior experience with cpanel. However, I can still ssh in, but I can no longer log into cpanel.

Thanks.
Slavik
Hello.
Your site custommicronics.net is up and running. I can access and ping it.
Check it please.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Slavik
Try to login into cpanel now. I fixed the problem and i can access the cpanel now.
The problem was in the password it was set up incorrectly.
We are sorry for the inconveniences we caused you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here