Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Java Hosting
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
sdknott
Hi there,

You state support for JAVA 2 SDK v1.4, and I was wondering if this meant that servlets and JSPs are supported?

If they are, are they supported on all payment plans, or just a select few? Also, what server is used for the hosting, and what is the heap-size of the server?

Cheers
Serge
Sorry but we don't support servlets or JSP only plain SDK.

New customers are setup on Dual Xeons 2.4 with 1 GIG of RAM.
sdknott
A quick question then... what can I possibly do with the normal SDK on a server? Apart from running scheduled Java processes, or RMI servers, this "support" is practically useless!

Do you have any plans in the near future to support JSPs or servlets?
Serge
RMI, socket application, SOAP server, etc. Servlets and JSP just a small part of technologies java could be used for.

Also I'm a bit surprised with your frustration because we don't mislead people with general worlds like 'java support' but instead clearly state that we provide Java SDK 1.4

As for servlets and JSP our experience providing them showed that they require much more server resources than normal accounts and make out pricing model not effective. Also providing all possible services on one box is a bad practice because it doesn’t allow to optimize for performance.
We discontinued tomcat support on new boxes a year ago and never officially advertised servlets and JSP hosting.
In case we ever decide to provide servlets and JSP we'll do it as completely separate service on boxes that dedicated just for java hosting.
As for now we yet to decide on doing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here