Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FTP access before resolution, and logs
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Inge Jones
I have an existing website and domain, and if I took out hosting with Hostony, I would be looking to set up my site - ie transfer files etc - to prepare it before pointing my domain at it. Is this possible?

Also I saw in other threads some concerns about log access - that is to say the days' log was whisked away at midnight each night with no further opportunity to view it until the end of the month. Has that problem been addressed yet? I would be happy if it was stored for just one day following its closure (one open and one single-day archive log)
Lehrer
Dear Mr. Jones, there is no problem in transferring your site to our server actually. All you have to do is transfer your stuff to our server and then change your nameserver records, so that your domain will point to our server. The info you need for that will be provided in your account activation e-mail.
Second, concerning your worries about log access, our technitians will settle this for you. We can write a script for you that will give you daily logs, etc.

Sincerely, Lehrer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here