Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curiousity
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Bluefin221
Out of curiousity I have 20 mailing lists provided with my domain/server.

At this point I use two, I have just merged one with a Yahoo provided list and here is the reason why.

I have a Newsletter mailing list which has around 1500 members on it, Newsletters used to be sent out once a month in a text based newsletter never reaching above 50k

However my account was suspended at one point for sending one of these Newsletters and it was put down as spam, then when I questioned this it was stated that I had actually brought the server down.

I agreed never to use this again as I don't want that to happen. So because of this I took the other mailing list and merged it with a friends who runs a Yahoo mailing list which as everyone will know is full of annoying advertisments.

So now I fear even using any mailing lists, however I also run a Nuke site with over 2000 members and growing and I really need to be able to send out announcements when required. The reason for these is that the site is a Radio Station so we announce planned events/streams or actual live gigs.

My worry is that and also question is why can't hostony handle these mailing lists? Why do I even have them if after a certain amount they are bringing the server done. And also where in the terms and conditions does it say your mailing list is capped?

I'm not going to use the mailing list feature again as I don't want the problems but I also worry now for my nuke site which is growing rapidly and I still need the capability to send out announcements to the 2000 odd users.
Lehrer
Bluefin221,

the amount of post you send is great enough for a shared server. We recommend you to switch to a VPS or a dedicated server, which would not influense the server's load average too much as you'll be using it alone.
The following link is dedicated to our terms and conditions:

http://www.hostony.com/terms.html

Lehrer
Bluefin221
Dedicated is way out of my league.

I looked at virtual dedicated and it looked fair enough although its more than double the price, then out of interest I clicked order and notice that the price doubles again for the mySQL I would need.

I guess I will have to look into this in more detail.
MartinB
i think the extra price is for MS SQL, not MySQL...
ser_pros
You are right mblendinger.
Bluefin221
Yeah I read it wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here