Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre-sales questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Id
I am interested in the special hosting plan that you have on offer.. but have some questions

I would like to host 3 sites.. one domain which I will register with you.. the free one.. and two other domains that already have been registered elsewhere..

For the domains that are registered elsewhere;
1. what do I have to do for to be able to use them through your servers? I have only dns servers of the company that gave them.. ?
2. to set up email accounts etc (bla@mydomain.com) do I need to transfer them? or is this not necessary

and finaly.. on the ordering link, there is a field "dedicated ip" what do you mean by this.. and what is its purpose..?

Thank you for any information

Id
Alec
If you have already registered domain you can move it to our hosting by 2 ways:

1. Transfer the domain name to our domain registrar

2. Update name servers entries for the domain name with your current domain registrar

If you need to host mail only on our server you need to change MX entry only.

All accounts are set up on the same ip address, called shared or main server ip address. In case if you need get dedicated ip for your site for some reason (SSL, ftp etc) you can do it for extra fee.
.. after I change name server entries.. will I be able to set up email through cpanel on your servers.. to use with each individual domain? as in @domain1.com, @domain2.com,@domain3.com ?
Alec
Yes, certainly.
ok thank you for the quick replies, on monday I will send an order. have a nice day !! smile.gif
Alec
You're welcome! Thank you for choosing us smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here