Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reseller Main Domain
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
MartinB
Hello, my question is: Can I use my own private label dns servers for my reseller's main domain ?

Now i have x.com.ar (main domain) in ns2.hostony.com and ns8.hostony.net,
and all the client's domains in ns1.x.com.ar and ns2.x.com.ar...... maybe a stupid question but... can i change the nameservers of x.com.ar to my p.l.n.s. ?
Alec
Yes, you can, but it's not recommended
MartinB
Ok!
(can you explain me please why it's not recommended?)

greetings.
Alec
It your name servers will be unavailable for some reason, the main domain name will be inactive as well. Besides the DNS propagation will take much more time
MartinB
Clear.
Thanks you Alec.
MartinB
QUOTE(Alec @ Jan 29 2005, 03:02 AM)
It your name servers will be unavailable for some reason, the main domain name will be inactive as well. Besides the DNS propagation will take much more time

Hello Alec, I really want to change the dns of my main domain to my private label dns.

What do mean with "Besides the DNS propagation will take much more time". What dns propagation ? for my customers websites ?

I need to hide hostony for my reseller website domain, it's not very "private" if somebody do a whois to wizhosting.com.ar and there figure your nameservers sad.gif
carahost
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Aug 15 2005, 08:15 PM)
Hello Alec, I really want to change the dns of my main domain to my private label dns.

What do mean with "Besides the DNS propagation will take much more time". What dns propagation ? for my customers websites ?

I need to hide hostony for my reseller website domain, it's not very "private" if somebody do a whois to wizhosting.com.ar and there figure your nameservers sad.gif

i use my private dns nameserver instead of hostonys and i dont have any problems at all. anyway if somebody google your url (wizhosting.com.ar) the first thing you get is this post, and thats probably what most people would do instead of looking in the whois. thats why i have never said my domain name on this forum.
MartinB
yes and that is why i have contacted support recently for fix the robotx.txt of the forum.

i think it a time issue now.

Thank you for the info, i will change the dns info of my domain now.

But i think i will need to add a record of something to my nameservers for my domain....right?
carahost
i didnt add anything i just put it instead of hostonys
MartinB
thank you, i have made the same.
waiting for propagation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here