Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: email messed up
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bushtool
My email has been messed up going to www.cpajohn.com.

All day I have been unable to download my email. I signed onto webmail and noticed through one of the webmail accounts there were over 1000 emails listed that I have not been able to download. Emails addressed to *@cpajohn.com have been kicking back to the sender saying there is no server space available.

I downloaded over 1000 emails this evening but none of them are showing up in outlook on my system and they no longer are showing in the webmail account. Are these lost? I need to retreive them.

The emails were all received between Saturday and today, Tuesday.

Please help!!!!
Alec
Please open a trouble ticket and provide email address and password for it
bushtool
I attempted to log into your support system to post a trouble ticket. Will not accept my log in.

Please help.
ser_pros
We have the trouble ticket from you. Please add your password to mailbox to this trouble ticket and we will check it.
bushtool
unable to find trouble ticket to add password

I noticed that when I go to the mail section of my cpanel, it is saying that my email quota is 2.4 gigs, the entire amount of space I have available so something has corrupted the email space.

when I try to change my email password, it gives an error saying the write space is not available.

I don't know how to add my password to the trouble ticket since I am unable to log in.

Tried chat briefly but no one available.

Cannot have my password emailed to me so I can log on becasue my email is not working.

Please help.
bushtool
just added a new ticket with my email password per your request.
bushtool
I am not getting anywhere with support. My email is not working. It shows 2.4 gigs of space being used for my email. I have been unable to retrieve any email since 01/22.

I would appreciate anyone's input on how to get my email going again. I have sent test emails and they are not getting through. My sister has told me that my emails are bouncing with a message that the server space is full. I assume that I have lost over a 1000 emails that were sent since 01/22 (most of which are spam). I can live with that but I cannot live with my email account not working into the future.

Unless resolved very soon, I will be forced to move my domains elsewhere.

Thanks for any help.
Alec
I have answered your trouble ticket. Please have a look at it
bushtool
yea, here is your answer, if anyone can make sense of it, let me know.

email for john@cpajohn.com quota shows 2.4 gigs being used. unable to download email since 1/22, over a 1000 emails missing

logon password is *******

please help

User/Staff follow-ups
Alexander Brykulya
2005-01-26 20:30:26 May I delete all mail from this mailbox?

-------------
Best regards
Alexander Brykulya
Hostony Support Team

Rate It: Bad Poor Not Rated Good Excellent

System User
2005-01-26 23:17:15
EDIT Alex,

I can delete the mail and set it up again. I was hoping to download my email to my system. I have not downloaded all the emails since 1/22, a little over a 1000 emails. I was able to view them once on one of the webmail accounts but then they disappeared. Last night I began downloading them to my system but something happened and the download did not finish.

Do you know what caused the emails to take up 2.4 gigs?

Alex Kanevsky
2005-01-26 23:52:43 You mailbox was locked after interruption and I've removed all files. Now you can download it again. And I see that 2.4 gig is spam.

Best regards.
Alec

System User
2005-01-27 01:35:44
EDIT I still am unable to download any email from mail.cpajohn.com nor view any on the webmail. My mailbox at cpajohn.com is still showing 2.4 gigs in use by the mailbox.

Please help. If you can save my email since 1/22, I'd appreciate it.

System User
2005-01-27 01:35:52
EDIT I still am unable to download any email from mail.cpajohn.com nor view any on the webmail. My mailbox at cpajohn.com is still showing 2.4 gigs in use by the mailbox.

Please help. If you can save my email since 1/22, I'd appreciate it.

Alex Kanevsky
2005-01-27 02:45:41 There is no messages in your inbox, you have 2.4 gigs of spam only. you can download it from webmail.

Best regards.
Alec

System User
2005-01-27 03:22:19
EDIT I don't understand. I am unable to receive email from account mail.cpajohn.com.

I don't understand how I can download the 2.4 gigs of spam only from webmail nor do I understand why I would want to do that.

Please either fix my email account or let me know specifically how I can fix it. Thank you.

Alex Kanevsky
2005-01-27 03:27:06 I have moved all messages to inbox and you can download it from email client right now.

Best regards.
Alec

System User
2005-01-27 03:37:54
EDIT Just tried and received a timeout error

Alex Kanevsky
2005-01-27 03:44:59 Try to use 70.84.105.196 as a pop3 server with local mailbox settings

Best regards.
Alec

System User
2005-01-27 03:50:42
EDIT same result timeout error

can I just delete the mailbox and set it up again? Unless I can recover my 1000 emails that I have not downloaded since 01/22, I cannot see any reason to attempt to download 2.4 gigs of email spam. Outlook will not be able to handle it anyway.

Please let me know what we are trying to do here.

Alex Kanevsky
2005-01-27 03:59:44 I've delete your spam emails and re-created your emailbox.

Please try to download now

Best regards.
Alec

System User
2005-01-27 04:01:28
EDIT now outlook says it is downloading a few emails but nothing shows up in my inbox.

please help

Alex Kanevsky
2005-01-27 04:22:53 I've just got 9 messages.

Best regards.
Alec

System User
2005-01-27 04:54:16
EDIT yea working now but all my emails are gone.

I could have deleted the account myself as you have apparently now done.

I'd still like an explanation of what happened and the 1000 emails that I lost so i can avoid this happeninng again.

but that is probably too much to ask.
Alec
Your mailbox contains spam only. I've cleaned it a couple of hours ago and now there is 1 MB of spam.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here