Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did the server supported with GD or ImageMagick?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
today
Hi, does the sever have the following software installed/support?

GD 1.6.2, GD 2.0, or ImageMagick

I wanted to purchase invision gallery software, but they request the above to be support before I can use it.
Slavik
Hello, we have the software you're asking about installed on our servers.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
today
Thank for the fast respond.
today
Can I know what is the full path to Image Magick?
As I wanted to install the invision gallery they reuqested me to key into the setting.
I am using Image Magick as my image suite.

When I set it to GD 2.0, it seem like do not support on this server!

my website are www.todaydiscus.com/forums.

Pls check for me what is the version of the GD that hostony have been use to install.

Thank
Stanly
1. We have GD2 installed
2. The full path to ImageMagick binaries is /usr/bin
today
Hi, I had purchased the invision gallery and installed, it can't work and already check on invision that must be the GD 2 did not install in the server.

Have using Invision PHP info to check on the server, it look like not GD 2 are installed in this server.

The following is the Invision reply and I can not find any GD 2 info when I click on my PHP info checker.

Why do I receive a white screen when uploading an image?
This problem is typically caused by selecting the wrong Image Suite in your gallery settings. The gallery requires that you have either GD1.6.2, GD2, or Image Magick installed to operate correctly.

You can find out if you have GD installed by clicking the "PHP Info" link at the top of the the Admin CP Menu. Search through the informatin for the "GD" section, if you cannot find it then your server probably dosn't have GD installed. If you do find the GD section, then it will tell you which version you have installed. If it says GD 1.6.2, then you will need to select that option for the Image Suite setting.

The GD section in PHP Info should look something like this

In the event you do not have GD, then you will need to contact your host and find out if you have Image Magick. If you do, then select Image Magick from the Image Suite seteting, and enter the path to Image Magick. Ensure that you end the path with a /, or it may not function properly.

If you do not have any of the three, then you need to ask your host to install one of them for you.

Article 005
Created 10-27-2004
Modified 10-27-2004
Author josh
Rating

I also try using the image Magick on the setting I am typing in /usr/bin/ but it still can't work. So do not think that is installed in the server.

Help Pls
Alec
Path to ImageMagick is
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8\convert.exe

but it's possible that you do not have permissions to run it from the web and we can't allow it to run exe file by wb user due to security reason.
today
QUOTE(Alec @ Jan 28 2005, 03:45 PM)
Path to ImageMagick is
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8\convert.exe

but it's possible that you do not have permissions to run it from the web and we can't allow it to run exe file by wb user due to security reason.

seem that is the case, I will not using image magick, I will be using GD 2.0 but how about this software? can't access ! anyway to help on it.

Currently I try on Image magick frist until the GD 2.0 is up.

Thank
Alec
GD is currently not supported on windows+php:

http://www.boutell.com/gd/
Alec
I would recommend you to transfer gd based sites to Linux servers.
today
So Can I requst you help on it, I need the GD 2.0 to be run and the contract still have more than a year to go.

Pls let me know when can I have my Linux servers to setup, How can I transfer or mySql data and my files over to the server?

Thank you
Alec
Please open a trouble ticket regarding this issue
today
Have issue a support ticket to request changing the server, Please let me know once it done.

Thank you
Stanly
QUOTE(today @ Feb 1 2005, 06:14 AM)
Have issue a support ticket to request changing the server, Please let me know once it done.

Thank you

Ok, we will respond you to trouble ticket.
today
Hostony.com had sent me a email wanted me to create a db under the lunix account and they well pump the data from the windows server for me.

After I had created the db end up found that the data was not dump and now hostony.com told me that I maybe need to re-create a new forums again, because they can not find the data for me, a very very sad news to me.

How can this thing to be happen, does the admin backup any data before they do anything to move the data, or they not even move the data and just remove it?

my forums db name are discusforum or discusforums.

Pls help me to recoved it back, I have spend more than a years to get this data to be in (It not only money that I spend to bring in the members also my very long time for it). mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif huh.gif huh.gif
MartinB
Well...Hostony says that he have a very powerfull backup system, im sure that all will be ok soon!
Alec
Your forum and database have been restored. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
today
Under windows I had setting up a subdomain point to my correct floder how to set it under lunix.

My actual file location : www.todaydiscus.com/forums/index.php
I have setting up a sub domian as forums.todaydiscus.com

But under Lunix how to do it under the sub domain ?

Can also check for me why the forums still not running?

Thank
Alec
The subdomain has been added recently and you should wait for a bit until the domain will be propagated.
today
Thank you!

The sub domain are working now! but the forums still not working, all my memebrs and my self can't even login.

Look like the member table in the database have some problem.
ser_pros
Please check your forum now.
I've corrected the path in your conf file.
Yevgeny
hey why did you turn GD2 off on windows servers?
I know it was working for while but around 1.5 months ago it stoped working.
MartinB
If this can help....

php 4.3.x is available, and it includes a version of gd as "standard equipment." php_gd2.dll is included in PHP installation for Windows, it's just not enabled by default. To turn it on, the user may simply uncomment the line "extension=php_gd2.dll" in php.ini and restart the PHP extension.

Change:

#extension=php_gd2.dll

To:

extension=php_gd2.dll

You may also have to correct the extension directory setting from:

extension_dir = "./"

Or:

extension_dir = "./extensions"

To (FOR WINDOWS):

extension_dir = "c:/php/extensions" NOTE: SUBSTITUTE THE ACTUAL PHP INSTALLATINO DIRECTORY ON *YOUR* COMPUTER.
(quoted of http://www.boutell.com/gd/faq.html)

------------------------------------------
Another ( http://dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=5001 )

Question:

The GD Library is not installed under php in windows, how do I install it?

Answer:
Go to http://www.php.net/downloads.php and download the 'PHP 4.x.x zip package' if you don't allready have it. This package contains the GD-Library for windows. Find php_gd2.dll (or php_gd.dll if you need gif-support, but you will have less good image quality) and put it in your php folder (Usual c:\php). Find in the php.ini in your windows folder:

;extension=php_gd.dll
;extension=php_gd2.dll

Uncomment extension="php_gd2".dll by deleting the ';' in front of it.

i hope it can be usefull... good luck
Alec
Gd is not a stable with IIS + ASP.NET. We disabled it due to failure of the web service.

I've re-enabled GD on the server but can't guarantee that it will be working for a long time. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here