Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: URL resistered with Hostnony not resolving.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
neongenesis
Hi, I registered as a new account 1 week ago today. I registered the following domain name with Hostony at that time;

www.noofny.com

This is still not resolving after 1 full week.

A "whois.net" lookup shows it registered to me which is good, however I cannot get a successful trace from many attempted networks around the globe.

Is there something I am missing, or has something been missed at Hostony? I have already FTP'd my HTML up to my home directory so as soon as the DNS is pushed the pages should load too.

Thanks for any help.
artrocity
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnstime.ch?n...ofny.com&type=A

Searching for noofny.com A record at g.root-servers.net Got referral to L.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [took 192 ms]
Searching for noofny.com A record at L.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. Got referral to dns.hostony.com. [took 50 ms]
Searching for noofny.com A record at dns.hostony.com. Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for noofny.com A record at dns.hostony.org. Timed out. Trying again.

Sorry, I could not continue.
neongenesis
artrocity - Thanks for confirming.

I have tried further traces using www.traceroute.org - no matter what network I choose it doesn't resolve.

It looks clear to me that something has been missed at Hostony.

I've already posted a ticket on their support system - guess I will wait for a response from them, unless anyone can think of something I may have missed.

:-/
ser_pros
Dear neongenesis
I've already fix this problem.
Please have a look at this link:
http://dnsstuff.com/tools/ping.ch?ip=noofny.com
jmarkku
Hi! There are still problems remaining:

Searching for santanen.org A record at b.root-servers.net Got referral to TLD2.ULTRADNS.NET. [took 107 ms]
Searching for santanen.org A record at TLD2.ULTRADNS.NET. Got referral to dns.hostony.org. [took 42 ms]
Searching for santanen.org A record at dns.hostony.org. Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for santanen.org A record at dns.hostony.com. Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for santanen.org A record at dns.hostony.org. Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for santanen.org A record at dns.hostony.com. Timed out. Trying again.

-markus
ser_pros
Your domain is working.
The reason can be in your ISP cache.
In this case you should contact your ISP.
Your domain is working from my computer.
neongenesis
Great - I have just logged on at home and tried the URL - now it resolves. For the benefit of the general public and in the name of honesty - I did not change anything. Once I came home I simple typed the URL again and hit enter - I changed nothing.

It would be nice to know what the problem was - as it was not localised.

Anyway - I am pleased with the quick response and more pleased that my site now resolves.

Thank you.
ser_pros
You are always welcome.
neongenesis
Great - but do you not wish to share with us what the problem was??? Or would you prefer to hide under a rock ? Like I said I changed nothing and it "suddenly worked" - perhaps you could share this experience to the community to prevent a repeat in the future ...?

Also - the bandwidth from your site is well below what you advertised - infact I get better speeds if I host from my box at home (ADSL 512/512) - do you have anything to tell the nice paying customers about this ?

Please consider your answer before spewing out a "THE PROBLEM MUST BE AT YOUR END" response - I have little time for this nonsense and have a business to run.

Thank you.
neongenesis
This is just a copy of what support has emailed me - I wish to keep a record here to be fair to everyone.

FineDesk wrote:
>
>Dear Mike Watkins
>Gleb Voronich has responded to your help desk request.
>
>URL: http://support.hostony.com/user.php?op=opT...ey=d00bde0bfddf
>-----------------------------------------------
> (Gleb Voronich)
>-----------------------------------------------
>Time: 2005-01-24 23:20:04
>
>Dear Mike
>
>1. I can't see any problem with the DNS servers of your domain name at the moment so excuse me but I can't tell you what was it.
>
>2. I looked into the server and as I can see at http://dnsstuff.com/tools/ping.ch?ip=noofny.com
>the response time from the server is approximately 103-222 ms.
>That is good response time for the channel we have at this server.
>
>Best regards,
>Hostony Support Team

>
>
>Thank you,
>
>Help Desk
>
>
>
>
I appreciate your quick response. However if we all ran hosting companies which based our performance stats off a 3rd party website tool it would be fair to say that we can do more. I know how to do a "ping" - I know how to do a "trace" - I know what average throughput to expect from broadband hosts.
I will be running the appropriate diags to determine who is in the wrong before I say anything further.
Dima
Dear neongenesis, you have written the same to our support. He'll give you all the answers by email.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here