Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is less a suggestion than a complaint...
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
moot_the_malamute
If there was a complaints forum I'm sure this would be more suited there, please admins, move this if you need to. But anyway, to the topic...

Frankly, we've been having a miserable experience with hostony. A friend and I came up with $300 last April so we could get a good 2-year contract. Well, here are the problems we get.

1. Either downtime or service so slow that it times out. Just about all day, every few minutes it phases out and stops responding. It grows infuriating when sites ebcome completely inaccessible, and nothing on our server responds at all. [Edit: These can last as long as ten minutes with no service]
2. MySQL is down occasionally, and sometimes often.
3. Email is very unreliable.

Among many others, these problems are really ruining our experience here on Hostony. Hope I don't get flamed into submission, I just want to make sure someone hears about this... it never makes any difference when we open tickets and live chat is laughable (I've left it on overnight and it read 23 hours on the counter, still no response before).
:moot:
JasonJones
moot, I'd suggeest setting up 3 independant sources to test uptime on your site from separate subnets of the internet. There are plenty of free places that will do this for you. Let this run for a 30day span, then check your results across all 3, merge the data from all 3 and get a genuine uptime/downtime snapshot. If it falls under 99% (more than 8hrs in a 30 day span) then ask hostony for a refund as they are not providing their 99% guarantee. I think you'll see that the problems may lie more with your path to hostony than hostony itself. Or it may be the opposite and you'll end up with a refund?

Jason
moot_the_malamute
thanks for the idea man, i'm definitely doing that smile.gif
:moot:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here