Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DNS and Email Problems
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
rozpooh
my account with you is rozpooh.com, but, i also have several other domains on this account. my email has not been delivered for the past day or two. i get an error that says another process is using my mailbox when i try to use a pop client. i have killed all email related processes on my system and tried with a different email client and even restarted my os (though i should not have to restart linux). i still receive these errors when i try to check any of my email accounts hosted here. i have tried using the webmail client for my email my incoming email messages are not being delivered. furthermore, dns is not resolving correctly on my domain. my primary domain does not resolve to the index file. none of the subdomains are working. i suspect that this is why the emails are not being delivered. however, this still does not explain the errors indicating that another process is locking up my email accounts. what is going on with this server? i am not getting test emails bounced back to me. are my incoming emails over the past couple days lost? please advise asap. don't bother emailing me your response because i can't receive the email.

i thank you for your time and support.

-chris
rozpooh
also, my ssh password has been inactivated or reset. i cannot ssh into my account. i cannot load cpanel for my account either. i just paid you guys for another six months of "service," so surly this is not a billing problem. i would begin to ask for my account to be moved to a more stable server, but, i am afraid that would only bring more headaches. so please just provide feedback of what is wrong with the server on which my account is hosted.
rozpooh
after speaking with max via live support, it seems that hostony changed tdns servers wihout notifying me. i changed dns records with my registrar over 24 hours ago, i guess propagation has still not completed. a weird thing is that my master domain with the hostony account resolves, but, to an empty folder. subdomains do not work at all. two other domains i host on the same account now do not resolve after changing dns records. email to master domain is still not delivered, but, no bounce backs. i am hoping my incoming email is still in the system and recoverable. though with these guys, i bet it is lost forever. time will tell. hopefully.

to any hostony admin reading this, an update would be nice.

thanks.
rozpooh
rozpooh.com still resolves to the incorrect destination. my other domains on this account now do not resolve at all. its been about 48 hours for propagation. i still cannot ssh into rozpooh.com.
Alexandre
As I see your domain is working:
http://rozpooh.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here