Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horrible Mail Support
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
saturn
Wow. Woke up today and none of the email accounts on my domain worked. Every email that I sent to one of my email accounts got bounced back with the following error:

The following addresses had delivery problems:
<webmaster@grpc.org> Permanent Failure: 550_Requested_action_not_taken:_mailbox_unavailable_or_not_local
Delivery last attempted at Wed, 19 Jan 2005 05:10:58 -0000

I can't send to or from any of my accounts no matter what. The thing that completely threw me was the support people acted like they didn't even know what a mail server was. They asked me for the passwords and then said this:

Please check bevans@grpc.org. The problem must be fixed for this email account.

What does that even mean??? YOU OWN THE MAIL SERVER!! YOU FIX IT!! All I have is a control panel where I can add and remove email addresses. I can't "fix" anything. I have lost countless emails today and it's still not resolved. This is ridiculous.
gottago
I am having the same problem except it has been two days with no mail. When Hostony works, it works well and when it doesn't it takes forever to get fixed. My guess is that the mailserver has been blacklisted again. IF so, 24 hours for repair but I've been missing mail for 2 days. How can anybody run a business this way? I don't get it! I just don't get it!
saturn
My guess is that it's not just a simple blacklist problem since I can't even send mail in between two local email addresses (meaning both email addresses are on my Hostony domain). The thing that is bad is that I'm losing emails every minute it's down. If it was an FTP problem, I could deal since none of my files would be lost.

I just tried making a new email account and successfully sent a mail to it. I suspect that if I recreate all my current email accounts it'll work. Yet this is not a good solution for me since many people have emails on their account still.
Slavik
All e-mail accounts must be working now.
There were the problems with the mail server and we resolved them successfully.
We are sorry for the temporary inconveniences.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here