Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shopping Cart ; no idea what I'm doing ; what 1st?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
tnfg
Hi -- I need to install a shopping cart. I have no idea what I'm doing. What are some options available to me? I know that Hostony offers several apps, but I still sit here scratching my head about what the heck I need to do first ... Please advise .... will this require a Ph.D. in being a code-jockey or can I get this thing off the ground without having my head explode?

Maybe the alternative I'm looking for isn't available here -- I wouldn't know fact from fiction -- someone straighten me out, I'm totally losin' it ... waited way too long to ask this question, make my New Year's Resolution come true! I want a Cart -- without an anuerysm -- ASAP!
Thundergirls
When the price is free, it does take quite a bit of work on the user's part to make a catalog function.

I have looked at OSCommerce, which Hostony provides, and it's a very nice cart, though all the features take time and patience to learn.

Agora's cart, also available through Hostony, is a little easier to learn, though customizing it is a trick.

Both carts have free support groups, and for a small fee you can get tech support from either.

To install you just go to cPanel and follow the links.

Even a paid shopping cart can cause some cranial pressure. Just get something to drink, a comfortable chair, decent music in the background, and experiment.

Or hire someone to do it for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here