Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW VPS PROBLEMS
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
Thundergirls
I just transfered all my accounts to a new VPS.

The WHM gives me the error message:

The server was unable to lookup an an A entry for its hostname (host.thundergirlstheater.com). This is generally because the entry was never added. However this could also be the result of your nameserver(s) being down. If you would like to attempt to automaticlly add the entry, [CLICK HERE]

I have tried to set it up, but I get error message

Bind reloading on host using rndc zone: [thundergirlstheater.com] Error reloading bind on host: rndc: connect failed: connection refused

I found a number of options to correct this (acknowledged) problem with WHM and support is ignoring them. The last support ticket asked if I had deleted cookies and my cache! Sure, that's going to stop those emails coming from my own server telling me the A host is set up wrong.

So since support won't fix it, does anyone else have similar problems or know a fix that I can tell support in simple English?
Dark Hedgehog
I'm starting to get worried about support...they don't give me straight answers either.
artrocity
Manually restart bind.

I have VPS *somewhere else*
and each time i added a new domain
I got a similiar error.

restarting bind did the trick for me.
my WHM has a clicky for this on the bottom of the options on the left.

Restart Services
Mail Server (Exim)
DNS/Name Server (BIND)
FTP Server (ProFTPd)
SQL Server (MySQL)
SSH Server (OpenSSH)
HTTP/Web Server (Apache)
POP3 Server (cppop)
IMAP Server (uwimap)
E-Commerce Server (Interchange)
RAGEnCHAOS
i am having same isssue's along with others and it came down to mine as being it was a release build of cpanel and they are redoing myine with 9.9.9-S15 and if it fixes my problem i will let you know
Alexandre
Everything is ok now.
You can check.
Thanks for your patience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here