Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online support
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
bre
The main reason I switched to Hostony was they told me I could always get a support agent on ICQ anytime day or night. Where are they? My site is down and there is no one signed on. Seems like every company I switch to is good for a year or so and then they start going downhill. Maybe I should just keep moving my site every 9 months to another company instead of waiting for them to turn to crap.
Dark Hedgehog
Heh, how nice of them, they never told me that when I got here.

Where are they you say? Mostly busy, or, try using the support tickets.

Every company is going to be like this dude.
No matter where you go, there is going to be a con somewhere.

Not every company in this world is the best one nor perfect.
Just try it, don't give up in seconds flat.
webshane
Fantastic Review from Webhostingjury.com:

Date Submitted January 1st, 2005

.. Features are always excellent for the money - when you can even use them. The servers have patches of time where they function at so slow a pace my browsers time out. Often they just go down completely. They don't act on their 99.9% uptime guarantee even if you request someone to look into it. NO ONE is ever around for the Live Chat support venue, and ticket responses are often unhelpful and take eons. Just... Don't go here. Please. You can do better for the money.

Submitted By moot
Submitted From Web Hosting Jury
webshane
Review from Webhostratings.com:

.. I have contacted Hostony in the past 2 weeks plenty of times to resolve timeout issues, no connections to database and websites completly failing to resolve. There has been no effort to move users which I share space with who are bandwidth hogs. Hostony has admitted to users on my server crashing the computer...in fact the tech support guy that told me this no longer even works for Hostony! In any case turn elsewhere for your hosting needs! matrixreseller.com...srlhosting.com...great ones!
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(webshane @ Jan 13 2005, 11:59 PM)
Review from Webhostratings.com:

..  I have contacted Hostony in the past 2 weeks plenty of times to resolve timeout issues, no connections to database and websites completly failing to resolve.  There has been no effort to move users which I share space with who are bandwidth hogs.  Hostony has admitted to users on my server crashing the computer...in fact the tech support guy that told me this no longer even works for Hostony! In any case turn elsewhere for your hosting needs! matrixreseller.com...srlhosting.com...great ones!

Actually, I have been thinking of moving myself.

The prices and stuff are great, support ######s a*.

I know its a HUGE deal, but, this is REALLY getting annoying on my end.

Though I know no-one can be the best, I just want one where my questions can be answered in at LEAST an hour, rather than a freaking week.
Most of my concerns, questions and most of what I say, is totally ignored by Hostony.

I asked them why their server goes down all the time. A load of views, but, no staff to answer that. Really got me nerved and upset, also angry.

The next thing I tried was asking about their uptime lying, they never replied to that either. All I got was views, none of the staff even bothered to reply to that.

I have already been looking for other hosts.

And my thing for this entire hosting is, if you want support really bad, look elsewhere.

For good space, bandwidth and overall features, this is a great place.
I think i'm moving on and actually looking rather than go there straight away.
Slavik
You've opened a trouble ticket and we've given the response to you.
You were asked to send your transaction ID of your payment via 2checkout but you didn't.
We do not ignore our customers.

Best regards,
Hostony Support Team
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Slavik @ Jan 14 2005, 10:46 AM)
You were asked to send your transaction ID of your payment via 2checkout but you didn't.

Best regards,
Hostony Support Team

How can I when I have no access to my email?
And transaction ID? The heck? I was asked where I paid from. E.g.: What bank I used or paying method..
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Slavik @ Jan 14 2005, 10:46 AM)

Best regards,
Hostony Support Team

I apologize for what I said. I am rebellious and others got to me X_X
Danimal
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog)
Though I know no-one can be the best, I just want one where my questions can be answered in at LEAST an hour, rather than a freaking week

Uhhhh.... huh?!? I've never once had an issue that not only got a response but got resolved within an hour, if even that long. I don't know, maybe everyone should try something crazy like being polite and not acting like a fanatical maniac.

I NEEEEEEDS ME SERVER FIXEDED, POPPYFACE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL: WHATZ THE DEAL NOW, MISTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (NOTE: resend this message every thirteen seconds)

If I were in support, I'd feel less than obliged to answer that too.
Slavik
[QUOTE]The prices and stuff are great, support ######s a*.

You should be a little bit more polite. Why don't you contact our billing department in order to resolve the problem with the payment?
billing@hostony.com

Thank you
Slavik Koshelev
Slavik
Dear Danimal

Tell me your domain please and we'll fix the problem.
Thank you
Slavik Koshelev
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Danimal @ Jan 14 2005, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog)
Though I know no-one can be the best, I just want one where my questions can be answered in at LEAST an hour, rather than a freaking week

Uhhhh.... huh?!? I've never once had an issue that not only got a response but got resolved within an hour, if even that long. I don't know, maybe everyone should try something crazy like being polite and not acting like a fanatical maniac.

I NEEEEEEDS ME SERVER FIXEDED, POPPYFACE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL: WHATZ THE DEAL NOW, MISTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (NOTE: resend this message every thirteen seconds)

If I were in support, I'd feel less than obliged to answer that too.

There went my frustration blink.gif
Guess it seeped out without me knowing laugh.gif
Danimal
QUOTE(Slavik @ Jan 15 2005, 02:56 AM)
Dear Danimal

Tell me your domain please and we'll fix the problem.
Thank you
Slavik  Koshelev

laugh.gif Thanks.
Transverse Styles
I wrote a review for Hostony at webhostingtalk.com. It was very positive. I have had only a few problems, but that will happen with any host...

I host all my sites with Hostony.
bpgisme
I love Hostony. Best host I've ever used. smile.gif I tell everyone who asks. (And everyone who doesn't!) biggrin.gif

-Bonnie
bpgisme.com
Niakie
I have been with Hostony for over a year now, and have about half my sites with them. Up till recently I have had very little problems with them at all, so much so that when it came time to renew my account I upgraded to a reseller account. But I have to say that the last couple weeks (and this week particularly) I am growing very frustrated with the service. The support has been adiquate, but most of my sites rely on MySQL which has been going up and down repeatedly every day. Email access is becoming a chore. If something doesn't happen soon I will be forced to move some of my sites to another host and downgrade back to the plan I had prior, if not leave Hostony all together. huh.gif
Lehrer
thanks, Bonnie!
We love you too laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hostony support
bpgisme
laugh.gif Thanks Lehrer!

most of my sites rely on MySQL

That's why I made this post the other day: http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=3373
I really like the Thingamablog software, but it may not suit your needs. Wouldn't hurt to take a look though.... It doesn't rely on MySQL and you can build your entries and pages offline. I use it for a large portion of my site, bpgisme.com, because I didn't like the idea of relying on MySQL for everything.

-Bonnie
Niakie
All my sites are 'home grown' and am working on a revamp of my major site now. The problem with not useing a database is for the majority of the sites that I do use it on, if i developed something without it I (say useing text files to save the information) I would virtually be recreating a database anyhow (and much slower under normal curcumstances)....

On that note I did open a trouble ticket on this issue (slowness of the server for the last little while) and Gleb was very quick to respond. Apparently they are switching servers and are transfering all accounts to the new server. Again, this is a sign of lack of communication on their part. If they could have posted a message on the forum here that this would be happening and it should take xx days (as it has been days) I could have easily worked on something else and wouldn't have gotten so heated. Unfortinitly he couldn't give me an ETA as to when the transferance will be complete but at least now I know what is going on and can accept that there will be a slowdown on the server as they are going about their jobs.
Serge
Niakie

We are transferring servers account by account. At first we copy account and send a letter to the user to verify whether everything is ok and update DNS. The process already goes for 2 weeks and will take some more.

We don't move servers at one day or on certain date becuse we want ahve time to check account by account that everything is rigt and to avoid crouds of customers watching to shoot our buts smile.gif

We also don't send announce in forums because we work personally with each account and notify each user personally when we are working on his account. This allows us to avoid hassle caused by public announce because there will be some dosen of users who will think that they are already moved , some that want to be moved first, etc.

Thank you for understanding.
Niakie
Serge, I can understand your reasoning, it was just really agrivateing to try and do all this work and haveing slow responces and down time (MySQL esp) with little to no reason behind it... Hopefully it won't take much longer to complete... I appoligize if I came off strong, I hope you can understand my frustrations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here