Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Website Down .. Again
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
webshane
This morning, 9:25am Pacific, my domain (www.webshane.com) is once again unreachable. I have been keeping a log of this and it is becoming almost a weekly and sometimes daily event. More unscheduled and unannounced maintenance?
sky51fire
Met too. My site is also down. I thought there are 99% uptime guarantee. But lately, it has been down alot.
webshane
I hear ya man! Hostony is fine for non-business criticle stuff like Blogs but I'd never use it for mission criticle stuff. I've been with them for a couple of years now and they are up and down quite a bit. When they're down, they will eventually come back up but there usually isn't much of an explaination. I host all of my low-impact stuff on Hostony because it's cheap. The tech support isn't very good. Their main issue is that they don't communicate to the masses. They do maintenance, or experience a problem and nobody is told about it. All you get is, "Sorry for the Incovenience".

See, if somebody from Hostony had email me or posted to this board something like, Hey, we're going to do some maintenance today at 3pm. You'll be down for about 15 minutes. That would be cool!
sevans
My sites are down as well. I have a few mysql backends that have been performing extremely slow the last few days but not there is no dns enty anywhere for the www.signsandgoods.com (plain html so no mysql problem) ww.unraveledtech.com or www.janevans.com Can someone out there fix this. Fine desk still will not allow us to login to it. Even after billing sent the password or whatever.

Sincerly concerned,

Spencer Evans
bre
Anyone know of a good hosting company, one that has telephone support? This ######s. No chat, no reply to email ot trouble tickets. Not on ICQ. Its like they don't give a crap. Please let me know of a good company, I can't take this horrible support any more.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(webshane @ Jan 12 2005, 06:04 PM)
I hear ya man!  Hostony is fine for non-business criticle stuff like Blogs but I'd never use it for mission criticle stuff.  I've been with them for a couple of years now and they are up and down quite a bit.  When they're down,  they will eventually come back up but there usually isn't much of an explaination.  I host all of my low-impact stuff on Hostony because it's cheap.  The tech support isn't very good.  Their main issue is that they don't communicate to the masses.  They do maintenance,  or experience a problem and nobody is told about it.  All you get is, "Sorry for the Incovenience".

See,  if somebody from Hostony had email me or posted to this board something like,  Hey,  we're going to do some maintenance today at 3pm.  You'll be down for about 15 minutes.  That would be cool!

They used to do that, but, I don't know why they stopped doing it, maybe they got lazy, I dunno.
Tech support, you haven't been using the support tickets it seems, I get almost instant replies from the tickets, but if its billing support, better have high patience, they almost never respond.

QUOTE(bre @ Jan 12 2005, 08:33 PM)
Anyone know of a good hosting company, one that has telephone support? This ######s. No chat, no reply to email ot trouble tickets. Not on ICQ. Its like they don't give a crap. Please let me know of a good company, I can't take this horrible support any more.

You haven't even given them a chance.
Not only that, but, you haven't used the support tickets or caught them a a HIGHLY busy time.
Well, I can't blame you, their support is really going down.
But on the other hand, they can be busy a lot.
bpgisme
Live support is actually really great. They helped with my domain name problem while I waited. It was super fast, only minutes.
-Bonnie
bpgisme.com
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Jan 12 2005, 10:25 PM)
Live support is actually really great.  They helped with my domain name problem while I waited.  It was super fast, only minutes.
-Bonnie
bpgisme.com

Where's that? blink.gif
webshane
Actually I *have* opened tickets. It was only recently that I was able to do so. Ya see, the switched over to a new system and my UID no longer worked to get me into the new system. Used to be able to email support@hostony.com and get a response pretty quick. Apparently not the case any longer. I have found that posting to this forum produces a pretty quick response.

As for who is a better host; the only other I have tried is hostony. They have live support and charge about the same, $7.95/Month. I have been using them for a little over a year. They screw up my front page extentions on occation, but I can call them on the phone and they usually have stuff fixed up in short order.

I havn't tried any other hosting companies; other than hosting from home with dyndns.org. This works pretty well if you have a broadband connection and your ISP has not closed port 80.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here