Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Include on your website ....
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
BobcatASL
sad.gif Please update your main website ....

Somewhere before a new user pays for the web hosting ... let them know that it will be a long time before they get their new site.

Most other sites are only minutes. Even with a phone verification.

Didn't know anything about the "24 hour" delay until after I had already paid.

All I know is that now ... I'm sitting here waiting when I should be uploading my site and changing the DNS.

Hopefully .... sometime soon ... I will get to start.

A new customer
Alec
At once, when we get a new order, we try to contact the customer by phone. In that case account may be set up in an hour or even sooner. But sometimes, the customer doesn't respond to our calls, then we try to contact him via email. It may slow down the whole setup process.
BobcatASL
I didn't get contacted by phone ... when I contacted support about the 24 hour email ... they told me they didn't have time to make the call right now ... that it would be sometime the next day.

Just thought someone ought to know ...

My account is now up and running and am proceeding to test the service. smile.gif
Lehrer
BobcatASL, there are cases when we are not calling our customers
the first one is when we are setting up a new order of an existing customer(again, not always)
the second one is when we check all pros and cons(IP address, e-mail, etc) and decide that the order is ok and we don't really need to bother the person.

p.s. Are you so far satisfied with the service you get/we provide? biggrin.gif

Sincerely, Lehrer
BobcatASL
At the moment yes ... most everything looks okay ... I'm just trying to get a few "issues" straightened out.

I have two open tickets .... one that has been open over 12 hours.

ALthough I must say ... I also had a couple of tickets that were closed in minutes. (Very good response time)

One other issue that I trying to find an answer to ... getting ready to search these forums ... why can't I see the .htaccess files through ftp ?

smile.gif
JasonJones
Are you using CuteFTP? if so its part of the way its configured... you have to click on the sites options, then over to Actions, click on filter, then check "enable filtering" then Enable Server side filtering... and add "-a" to the remote filter box.

This will show you all files in the dirs..

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here