Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: changing primary domain
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
clone
Hello, all!
I just upgraded from an individual plan to a reseller plan. I have the feeling that, once things get going, I will want to change my primary domain (including personalized DNS) from the current domain name to a more professional domain name which I will purchase soon.

1 - Is this possible?
2 - What steps will I need to take to accomplish this?
3 - Can I expect any downtime?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Sean :roll:
Shurik
Hello.

1. Yes, it is possible. I can change your domain name within 5 minutes for it. But if I remember you asked about private label nameserver and we already allocated two dedicated IPs for them.

2. Have you registered your nameservers with the old domain already? If so you should decide what domain you will use for your nameservers. If you want to change nameservers also then make a support request (support@hostony.com) and point your old domain, new domain and names of nameservers.
Also don't forget to delete old nameservers at your registrar's account and register new ones at the same IPs

3. Put our nameservers in your new domain registrar's account two days before we change your domain to get the new domain working immediately after it will be placed to the server. In this case you will not experience any downtime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here