Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Downtime
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
boamare
Dear Sirs,

There have been several downtime periods on my site in the past few days (www.boamare.pt).
They normally occur past 1.00 AM GMT, this is most annoying since we update the site normally during the early morning hours.
Also, today there was downtime at approximately 14:15 GMT, and this is unacceptable!
The problem seem to lie with the connection to the mysql database, I'm able to reach the site, ftp and cpanel interface but the web front-end doesn't reach mysql.
Is this part of a scheduled maintenance plan?

Note: I'm submiting this on the forum since i'm unable to open a support ticket because the system always complains that my URL is invalid.

Regards
Sergio Seabra
Lisbon - Portugal
ser_pros
I hope it will never happen because we've catched some users who overload MySQL.
Sorry for this inconvenience.
boamare
Hmm, ok.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Cheers
astral
the downtime is really UNACCEPTABLE!!! almost every week i will encounter once~ today is worst!!! it was already 2 times!!! mad.gif
boamare
Ok, it has happened again at approximatly 0:45 GMT.
If the quality of your service doesn't improve I'm afraid you leave no choice but to cancel my hosting plan and move on to another provider.
If you say that you've got issues with this server and are trying to improve it I'll be more than happy to wait but if you can't offer a permanent fix or are unable to...
The truth of the matter is that I need 24x7 uptime and as such I realy need a solution, not more problems.
When I started the site there were no issues of this nature, whatever is happening to this server must be something recent.

Thank you in advance.
Alec
The service was interrupted due to mysql outage. We are working to improve the server stability. Sorry for the inconveniences.
boamare
I hope so...
Because at 20:38 GMT I can't even access my syte anymore.
The browsers just time out....
ser_pros
Your site is working now.
Sorry for that inconvenience.
boamare
17.24 CMT... SITE IS DOWN AGAIN!!!
Maybe it's time for a Server Upgrade?...
webshane
I'm sorry your site is down; but rest-assured, Hostony is "sorry for your inconvenience".
Slavik
Your site is up and running. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
boamare
14:43 GMT, SITE IS DOWN!
Alec
The site is running now but so we are running backup on the server it may cause problems. We are sorry about them.
boamare
Errr... You run backups at peak hours!??
Ok... Hope you'l have it Up&running soon because at 5:53 GMT my site is down again.
boamare
15:39 GMT SITE IS DOWN!!!!
Dear Sirs, do I really need to make this post every day??????
WHAT KIND OF SERVICE ARE YOU PROVIDING????

FRANCKLY I FIND YOUR LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM AMAZING!!!
Red Blaze
If you want better quality, go for a dedicated server, not a shared server. Because someone is seriously taking on the database. I'm having a problem with the database saying it has too many connections.

My site is www.chaossanctum.com.
boamare
Thank you for the sugestion but I can't pay the fee for the upgrade,
also If the Server is being hammered the solution is to fix it, not charge more...
Slavik
We are doing our best in order to improve the quality of the service and stability of our servers.

Bets regards,
Slavik koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here