Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CPanel for another domain name
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Charlie
Hi, I read somewhere in this forum that we might be able to have another CPanel/WHM for another add-on domain. Is that right? I have another domain and prefer to have a CPanel for that and how many CPanel can we get. My plan is the Linux Profi. Thanks for your time.
MartinB
Charlie, only Reseller's accounts have WHM.
If i understand it right, the add-ons domains share a common cpanel account sad.gif

If i'm wrong, surely the support team will correct me soon.

Happy holidays!
Charlie
Thanks mblendinger for replying.

If we have only 1 CPanel, is there anyway to make the second domain separate from the first domain, meaning separate folders (public_html, etc...) and having access to the second domain (thru ftp for example) will not be able to see the content of the first domain. Is that possible?

Thanks very much again.
ojenni
QUOTE(Charlie @ Dec 29 2004, 08:23 PM)
If we have only 1 CPanel, is there anyway to make the second domain separate from the first domain, meaning separate folders (public_html, etc...) and having access to the second domain (thru ftp for example) will not be able to see the content of the first domain. Is that possible?

Hello Charlie,

Of course this is possible. Open a ftp account for the admin of the second domain and give him the corresponding sub-directory as his "root" directory.

Example:
www.maindomain.com
www.addondomain.com is located under /addondomain directory of maindomain.com

now open a ftp account in cpanel and tell it that /addondomain directory is the starting directory. So the other admin will not be able to see what is the upper directory of /addondomain because he sees it as / (root) directory.

Regards,
Oliver
Slavik
Hello.

You can't have another CPanel for another add-on domain.
So the add-ons domains share a common cpanel account.

Best regrds,
Hostony Support Team
Charlie
Thanks for your responses, ojenni and slavik.
Slavik
You are welcome.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here