Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MP3 files allowed?; mailing results of a submitted FORM
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
kltron
Hello, another refugee from FeaturePrice looking for a new home before those guys implode.

1) I have MP3 and RA files to publish on my site, generally 2-10MB each, of non-copyrighted material (it's my own stuff). I saw a vague reference in the AUP that these should be OK, although it wasn't exactly spelled out. Confirm, please, that these will be OK to have out there at HOSTONY?

2) Do you have some pre-canned scripts available, such as one that takes the results of a submitted HTML FORM and e-mail the content to a specified e-mail address? I imagine that if you don't that such a script would be possible to run on your machines, including e-mailing the information via your SMTP server, true?

Thank you,

...kl...
kltron
2) Do you have some pre-canned scripts available, such as one that takes the results of a submitted HTML FORM and e-mail the content

Just noticed this: With the "10 Pre-installed Scripts", one is FormMail, and that may be what I need. Yes?

...kl...
Danimal
That's a yes on both counts. And also, yes FormMail will do what you ask, and if you don't like that one you can install your own in the cgi-bin. There's tons of form mailers available, and each is easy to configure (usually change one or two lines) and install (upload and change persmissions).
Anonymous
Hello.

1. Yes, you can store your own mp3 files, there is no problem with it.
2. We disabled standard formmail script almost on all our servers because of they are not protected from some sorts of hacks and we had many problems with spam is sent from our servers through thr FormMail.

I advise you to download and install in to your cgi-bin FormMail from here: http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here