Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Working REALLY slow
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Red Blaze
My site is working hidiously slow sometimes. Right now as I'm posting this, it's working alright. Just been wondering though, what's with the slow events?

www.chaossanctum.com
Alec
Your site chaossanctum.com is not working correctly (and is not set up in our name servers). Please provide me with your correct site name and server ip address
Red Blaze
Wha? I just bought the www.chaossanctum.com from you guys about a month now. You sent me an email with with a username and password to control the URL. However, I lost that email. I was on server21 last I checked.
Slavik
Hello.
If you want to receive the account activation info one more time, you should open a trouble ticket.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Red Blaze
1) The ticket system is buggy, I've already tried using it.
2) I've tried sending emails to support@hostony.com and hostony@hostony.com and they're giving me details on how to get into my CPanel.

I KNOW THE WAY TO THE CPANEL!! When I bought the URL chaossanctum.com from you guys, you sent me an email on controlling the URL. Rather I'm not explaining myself right to you guys, or you guys are just being slacky! >=/
Slavik
Dear Customer.

Could you reiterate your request (support@hostony.com)please.
Thank you.

Best regards,
biggrin.gif Slavik Koshelev
Red Blaze
I give up with this little problem. I can still access my site anyway. Forget I asked anything. So far, this is the first unresolved problem I've had with Hostony. I'm hoping it's the last.
JasonJones
Sounds like its unresolved because you refuse to clarify your problem with support. They have asked that you restate the problem, and you yourself have stated that you belive they do not understand what you are asking for. Don't project your lack of drive to solve a problem onto an already taxed support staff...

You gave up, this is not their problem.
Dark Hedgehog
RedBlaze, I agree with JasonJones.

You refused to request another email or so for the account thing you want.
Upon refusal, you yourself, are giving up on hope to get the thing.

However, if you do NOT receive the service you need, upon request, THEN you have every right to complain as you are right now.

All it takes is some patience and some motivation.

Don't let stress, headaches and irogance get to you first.

Just comply with them and try it.

If it doesn't work, complain about the issue.
Red Blaze
Many times I asked for the same thing. I bougth chaossanctum.com here. NOT the service, the Domain Name. When I bought the domain name, they sent me an email to redblaze@thesonicjoint.com. "thesonicjoint.com" was the domain name I used to use before chaossanctum.com.

thesonicjoint.com = from Godaddy.com
chaossanctum.com = from Hostony

Since thesonicjoint.com doesn't work anymore, all the emails were gone. Thus, losing the link, user login, and password to controling the domain name chaossanctum.com.

Now here's my problem, I emailed hostony@hostony.com. I emailed support@hostony.com, but both keep giving me the CPanel link to my site. I DON'T WANT THAT!
Dark Hedgehog
Well, here's my solution.

Hostony, send another email to his specified email if he ever gets to it.
Red Blaze
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Jan 10 2005, 06:15 AM)
Well, here's my solution.

Hostony, send another email to his specified email if he ever gets to it.

That's what I've been asking!! But they keep giving me the CPanel to my site. But I wanted it sent to redblaze.hedgehog@gmail.com.
ser_pros
I can send you cpanel link, user name and your password to control panel.
May I reset your password for Cpanel?
Red Blaze
Aren't you guys READING?! NOT THE CPANEL!! Forget it.
kentbusi
QUOTE(Red Blaze @ Jan 11 2005, 02:08 PM)
Aren't you guys READING?! NOT THE CPANEL!! Forget it.

Either I'm a numbskull or you're er... quite maddening

What do you think you control the domains with if not CPanel? Isn't that exactly what you're asking for? Isn't that just what they're offering you to the email address of your choice?

If you don't mean that you want the address and login for controlling the site (which is the CPanel) then you need to be more clear about what you're asking for as for the last few days that I've been reading this that's what I've understood
supergodoffunk
Do you need the link to CPANEL? tongue.gif
JasonJones
hrm.. are you asking for a user/pass to change the DOMAIN configuration? Eg: through Enom? If so, you might want to specify that you need to make changes to your REGISTRAR records as that is a completely different process. It has nothing to do with hostony unless they registered it for you at which point they have control and you would need to request the changes through them. Or ask them to transfer control to you, but you would need to already have a contact setup at the registrar (enom) to do that...

Be more specific, and think about things before getting upset. If they KEEP sending you the same info, then you are not explaining yourself enough.

Jason Jones (I still think hostony should hire me!)
ojenni
QUOTE(kentbusi @ Jan 11 2005, 02:52 PM)
Either I'm a numbskull or you're er... quite maddening

What do you think you control the domains with if not CPanel? Isn't that exactly what you're asking for? Isn't that just what they're offering you to the email address of your choice?

If you don't mean that you want the address and login for controlling the site (which is the CPanel) then you need to be more clear about what you're asking for as for the last few days that I've been reading this that's what I've understood

I guess he is asking for the DOMAIN NAME management account. He is NOT asking for the HOSTING control panel (obviously CPANEL). He is asking for the account to login to the domain name registrar site. This is the account where you can manage the domain transfers, change DNS entries and so on.

Regards,
Oliver
bgp1
The only reason this problem is going unresolved is because of a lack of communication. The person having the problem should repeat the problem, the exact thing he is needing, to HOSTONY and maybe they will understand.

You have to admit you are not being very specific with your problem.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Red Blaze @ Dec 29 2004, 05:41 AM)
Wha? I just bought the www.chaossanctum.com from you guys about a month now. You sent me an email with with a username and password to control the URL. However, I lost that email. I was on server21 last I checked.

Hostony STAFF/ADMINS

I have to say.

HE IS ASKING FOR HIS INFORMATION.

This doesn't mean he's looking for a link to Cpanel nor is he looking for the mailman next door.
Use your brains, even I can't believe you guys can't comprehend this.

He is asking for his LOGIN AND PASSWORD and information to GET INTO his account.

Not asking for cpanel nor links to it.

Use your brains?
Red Blaze
ojenni hit it on the mark! I registered the domain name chaossanctum.com here on hostony. I clicked on the little link where I pay for a domain name. Then they sent me a link with username and password to control the DNS.

I don't get how I wasn't being specific enough after typing 2-3 paragraphs. =/
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Red Blaze @ Jan 13 2005, 05:09 PM)
ojenni hit it on the mark! I registered the domain name chaossanctum.com here on hostony. I clicked on the little link where I pay for a domain name. Then they sent me a link with username and password to control the DNS.

I don't get how I wasn't being specific enough after typing 2-3 paragraphs. =/

Its a fact business people are WAY on the point, go there immediately to understand what you say most of the time.
Danimal
I don't know, and maybe this is just me, but if I lost the important email giving information I knew that I needed, I would immediately turn around and blame someone else. Then I'd get mad rather than clarify what I wanted.
Red Blaze
Your point?
Slavik
You should open a trouble ticket. We can't give you the secure info here.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Red Blaze
I'm going to try that trouble ticket system a chance again. Also, should I link them to this thread so they can have a better idea of what I'm talking about? >_>;
Slavik
Just make the request and describe everything in details please

Thank you.
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here