Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few questions
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
ChrisP
Not to worry, no complaints, just couple of questions about my account and one I will be opening in the near future.

I am on the special plan thanks to the upgrade I was given due to past server problems. I noticed that the special plan now has 5000MB of disk space and 100GB of bandwith. Just out of curiosity, does the new plan also apply to my account?

My cpanel login url is chrispysworld.com but my main url has been changed to thezone.ws. Just thought I would include them both to avoid confusion.

Now for the questions about an account I will be soon opening.

It will be a special account, since the disk space and bandwidth offered are more than enough for my company's need. My questions about the new site are as follows:

The account will be opened as domainname.com

I will also purchase domainname.net and domainname.org which I want to point to domainname.com. I use GoDaddy for domain names which will allow the domainname.net and .org to resolve to domainname.com. That is not a problem.
Unless you have a better solution for pointing the .org and .net domains to the .com url.

I will be using a lot of addon domains for this account. For each store we open will require 3 domain names.

Each store's website will have an .org .net and .com name pointing to the same addon domain..

If you are not totaly confused, I want to open company.com. with addon domains store1.com store1.net and store1 org pointing to subdomain store1

And do this several times.

The whole point of this is, how much will it cost me for the extra addon domains and is it possible to have each of the 3 domains (.org .com and .net) point to the same addon domain.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Chris
JasonJones
You will want to "park" the domains other than the first one in the group. So it will look like so:

Domain1.com > primary domain
Domain1.net > parked
Domain1.org > parked
Domain2.com > addon domain
Domain2.net > parked
Domain2.org > parked
Domain3.com > addon domain ....

etc etc...

Then you will need to rewrite the URLs via .htaccess for everything beyond domain1 to forward to the correct domains. If you do not rewrite the url, if someone accesses domain3.org it will go to domain1.com... The good news is if you were to register the .net and .org for every domain you setup, you could in theory host almost 30 domain names with the special account, although it would only be 10 "sites", only the 10 domain(x).com's would be "hosted" all the others would just be pointers. You will also want to let hostony just manage the DNS for the addon's as well or Cpanel will complain most of the time that you do not own the domain, or its not pointed correctly etc... So just setup the same dns for the .org/.net as you would for the .com.

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here