Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to start with hostony?
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hello,

I'd like Hostony to host my domain. I don't have it yet. Please explain me:

1. should I first purchase a hosting plan at Hostony or should I first register my domain?
2. Could I register my domain on Hostony? How to do it?

Thank you,
Wawa
Danimal
You can register the domain first or get the account first. It doesn't matter either way, in all honesty. Hostony can register your domain for you, check out this thread:

http://forum.hostony.com/viewtopic.php?t=137

I personally registered my domain first and then got my hosting account, but I've known others who have done it the other way around.
Shurik
Yes, Danimal is right. You can either register your domain with some regiastrar (we don't allow advertizing at our forum so I can't put links here smile.gif ) or you can pay us ($14.85 for .net or .com domains) and we will register your domain via our reseller account at enom (unfortunately, we are still not the domain name registrar). It doesn't matter when you register the domain - before or after you purchase a hosting account. You will have a temporary link for testing your site and will be able to access your site even without having a domain name.
Shurik
By the way, Wawa and all other visitors, don't forget to visit Danimal's site - http://www.nothing-sacred.net. That is one of my favourite sites.
Read and enjoy! biggrin.gif

And my personal thanks to you, Danimal, for the new update in "Poor Dante" section. I've just noticed it. Going to read laugh.gif
Danimal
Thanks Shurik! biggrin.gif

I was going to send you an email about the new Poor Dante, but I didn't want you to think I was sending you SPAM. laugh.gif
Shurik
I'll set additional filter in my email client so every your email will be placed in special folder with big red blinking inscription "I AM NOT SPAM, 100% GUARANTEE" biggrin.gif

Seriously, if you have a maillist at your site I'll be glad to subscribe and receive update notifications. But I don't want to force you to create a list, I know, your site is your hobby and it must not to take much of your time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here