Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: phpnuke and Google
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
Alejo
Hi to everyone!!!!!!!!!

I've just realised that websites made with PHPnuke are not very well indexed in Google.

Apart from the people who have bookmarked my site, I receive lots of visits thanks to Google results.

I've been looking for a solution, and I found several of the:

-mod_rewrite using htaccess. I've been told that it requires the computer to think quite a lot.

-Something that requires AcceptPathInfo to be turned on. It has some relation with $PHP_Self and $Path_Info. But I don't understand how it works...

- friendlyURL...... this method requires the user to do hard-boring-work..

Any suggestions?

Nice holidays tongue.gif
JasonJones
As well if you search this forum I had posted an example .htaccess that would re-write a dynamic url to make it look static.

Jason
Alejo
I couldn't find the htaccess you mentioned but I found one which applies the following rules:

#Articles
RewriteRule ^article-([0-9]*)-([a-z]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=$1&mode=$2&order=$3&thold=$4
RewriteRule ^article([1-9][0-9]*).* modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=$1
RewriteRule ^article-topic-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=News&new_topic=$1
RewriteRule ^allnews.html modules.php?name=News&file=allindex

#Content
RewriteRule ^contentid-([1-9][0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=$1
RewriteRule ^content-cat-([1-9][0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Content&pa=list_pages_categories&cid=$1

#FAQ
RewriteRule ^faq.html modules.php?name=FAQ
RewriteRule ^faq-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9+]*).html modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=$1&categories=$2

#Forums
RewriteRule ^forums.html modules.php?name=Forums
RewriteRule ^forums.* modules.php?name=Forums&file=index
RewriteRule ^forum-cat([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Forums&c=$1
RewriteRule ^mark.html modules.php?name=Forums&file=index&mark=forums
RewriteRule ^postpoll([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&t=$1
RewriteRule ^forumx([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=$1&topicdays=$2&start=$3
RewriteRule ^to-(next|previous)-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=$2&view=$1
RewriteRule ^postlite([0-9]*)-([[:punct:]/:\-\'(){}.&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=$1&highlight=$2
RewriteRule ^forum([1-9][0-9]*).* modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=$1
RewriteRule ^posts([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=$1&start=$2
RewriteRule ^postx([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=asc&start=$3
RewriteRule ^post(p|t)([1-9][0-9]*).* modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&$1=$2
RewriteRule ^markread([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=$1&mark=topics
RewriteRule ^newposts([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=$1&view=newest
RewriteRule ^fvote([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=vote&t=$1

#Downloads
RewriteRule ^downloads.html modules.php?name=Downloads
RewriteRule ^downloads-cat-([0-9]*).html&orderby=([a-zA-Z_]*) modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=$1&orderby=$2
RewriteRule ^downloads-cats-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=$1&min=$2&orderby=titleA&show=$3
RewriteRule ^downloads-cat-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=$1
RewriteRule ^downloads-file-([0-9]*)-details-([[:punct:]/:\-\'{}()._&a-zA-Z0-9+=]*).html modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=$1&ttitle=$2
RewriteRule ^downloads-file-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=$1

#Stories Archive
RewriteRule ^archive.html modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
RewriteRule ^archive-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*).* modules.php?name=Stories_Archive&sa=show_month&year=$1&month=$2&month_l=$3

#Reviews
RewriteRule ^reviews.html modules.php?name=Reviews
RewriteRule ^reviews-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=$1
RewriteRule ^reviews-new.html modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=write_review
RewriteRule ^reviews-sortby-([a-zA-Z0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=$1
RewriteRule ^reviews-comment-([0-9]*)-([[:punct:]a-zA-Z0-9]*).* modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=postcomment&id=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^reviews-([0-9]*)-delete.html modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=del_review&id_del=$1
RewriteRule ^reviews-([0-9]*)-edit.html modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=mod_review&id=$1

#Sections
RewriteRule ^section-(printpage|viewarticle)-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Sections&op=$1&artid=$2
RewriteRule ^section-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Sections&op=listarticles&secid=$1
RewriteRule ^sections.html modules.php?name=Sections

#Surveys
RewriteRule ^surveys.html modules.php?name=Surveys
RewriteRule ^survey([a-zA-Z0-9]*)results.html modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=$1
RewriteRule ^survey([a-zA-Z0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=$1

#Submit
RewriteRule ^submit.html modules.php?name=Submit_News

#Search
#RewriteRule ^search.html modules.php?name=Search

#Top10
RewriteRule ^top-([[:print:]]*).html modules.php?name=Top&zx=$1
RewriteRule ^top.html modules.php?name=Top

#Topics
RewriteRule ^topics.html modules.php?name=Topics

#TrackBack
RewriteRule ^trackback/([^/]*)/([1-9][0-9]*) modules.php?name=$1&file=trackback&id=$2 [QSA]

#Your Account
RewriteRule ^userinfo-([a-zA-Z0-9_-]*).html modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=$1

#WebLinks
RewriteRule ^linksnew-([0-9]+).html modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&l_op=NewLinksDate&selectdate=$1
RewriteRule ^linkop-(AddLink|MostPopular|NewLinks|RandomLink|TopRated).html modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&l_op=$1
RewriteRule ^ratelink-([0-9]*)-([[:punct:]/:\-\'(){}.&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*).html modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&l_op=ratelink&lid=$1&ttitle=$2
RewriteRule ^viewlink-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=$1
RewriteRule ^links-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Web_Links&file=index&l_op=viewlink&cid=$1&min=$2&orderby=titleA&show=$3
RewriteRule ^link-([0-9]*).html modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=$1
RewriteRule ^links.html modules.php?name=Web_Links

The weird thing is that it s only applied sometimes: it modifies the "top10" but it doesn't modify the "search" link... This happens also with other sections.

Won't this cause a high server load?
JasonJones
I've run quite a few servers with extensive rewrite rules and havent ever noticed increased load on them in the past. It will involve a little more overhead processing, but it shouldnt be tremendous.

As far as some working, some not, what is the link to your site, maybe the syntax is incorrect on the rules.

Jason
Alejo
ok, forget it.......

The website from where I took the htaccess didn't totally modify the header.php... so the links which weren't added in the header.php weren't turned into static.

Thanks anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alejo
But I just realised that downloads are unavailable for my visitors from my domain.

If they try to download a "zip" or "rar" file from my domain it is impossible!!!!!

I tried: http://www.mydomain.biz/folder/file.zip

and http://www.mydomain.biz/public_html/folder/file.zip

But none of them works, the only one which works is the one with your IP: http://xx.xxx.xxx.xx/~mydomain/folder/file.zip.

Any suggestions? Another Rewrite rule?
JasonJones
Rewrite should have nothing to do with static content unless you are rewriting the URL's to retrieve it... If thats the case, why rewrite it if its already Static?

Its impossible to diganose without the domain name to test with, Sorry.

Jason
Alejo
the domain is www.emedicina.biz

And the forums don't allow users to create new topics.... I'll erase the rules which aplly to the forums
Alexandre
You can open a ticket about this issue:

http://support.hostony.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here