Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transfering Web hosts
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Duality
Hi I am thining about moving to a new webhost and have come accross your services.

My website runs php-nuke. cna I just backup my website (via cpanel) and then upload it to your server via ftp to transfer my whole site to you? then import the DB and change name servers?

Also is there any size restriction on importing an exported mysql database. I had this problem before when i moved hosts as the phpmyadmin would only accept file sizes of 8Mb or less. my current db is approx 28Mb uncompressed.
Alec
Yes, you can do backup on your current host, then upload it on our server through ftp.

There is no restrictions on mysql database size. But if it is too large, you won't be able to import it to the server from phpmyadmin; so we'll import your dump ourselves, from the server shell environment.
Duality
Thanks for the prompt reply, however on reading these forums it seems there is a problem with your services, or lack of them especially in the billing department. is this an oversight in hostony's structure?

also downtime looks high with many conplaints in these forums.

Am i right in saying that considering the service you provide is very cheap that support is cheap too?

maybe the staff are poorly paid:)
Dark Hedgehog
To say, the support is 50/50.

I don't get immediate responses like I used to anymore.

But somehow, due to the ticket system url being exploited, there have been a lot less complaints on the forums.

Personally, I think that its because support has so many people with problems on their sites, the support cannot respond to everyone's ticket in 2 seconds.

But other than that, this is the best service i've seen in my years of webmastering.

Most of the time, I have to either wait 4-6 days for one response or send another reply for them to notice it, "really" gets annoying when you have something important up.

Even if you put up "1" as an urgent notice, it still takes a load of time.

So my best bet is to try the service before judging from other's experiences.

But in other words, there needs to be more support people.
I only noticed there are like "3-4" people in the support department.
MartinB
I have never waited more than 1 hour for a trouble ticket. My estimate is 20-30min. Obviously, my own experience. greetings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here