Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fantastico, billing questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Charlie
Hi, I'm in the process of checking out new hosts and I have the following questions for Hostony.

1. I notice that a while back you mentioned Fantastico is available at some servers only. Would it be possible for a Profi plan to get Fantastico as well?

2. If we get the 1-year plan + 3 mons free and cancel our account half way, do we get back the pro-rated fee? And does this take 3 free months into consideration, ie. do we get the 3 mons free first, for 3 mons at the end of the 1 year term.

3. I plan to install Movable Type 3.12, a blog publishing system, free for individual use, is that supported by Hostony?

4. I also notice that you seem to reboot the system 7-8 times in the last 6 mons, if possible, I'm wondering how often are you going to continue to configure your system like this.

Thanks for your time.

Charlie
Alec
1. I notice that a while back you mentioned Fantastico is available at some servers only. Would it be possible for a Profi plan to get Fantastico as well?

Fantastico is available on Linux servers with any plan. It can not be installed on Windows.

2. If we get the 1-year plan + 3 mons free and cancel our account half way, do we get back the pro-rated fee? And does this take 3 free months into consideration, ie. do we get the 3 mons free first, for 3 mons at the end of the 1 year term.

If you cancel your account halfway, you lose your free 3 months advantage automatically and will get prorated refund as usual

. I plan to install Movable Type 3.12, a blog publishing system, free for individual use, is that supported by Hostony?

I need to know system requirements of Movable Type 3.12 to answer your questions.

4. I also notice that you seem to reboot the system 7-8 times in the last 6 mons, if possible, I'm wondering how often are you going to continue to configure your system like this.

Sometimes we reboot the servers due to installing new soft or reconfiguring existing server applications. In this case we notify our customers on this forum about it. Occasionally, a server needs to be rebooted because it has been running for a long time without stands, and the system is covered with litter because of it.

Thank you for interesting in our services.
Charlie
Dear Alec,

Thanks for your reply. Movable Type's requirements (www.movabletype.org) are as follow:

- A web server with permissions that allow you to run custom CGI scripts
- Perl, version 5.004_04 or greater, configured for your web server
- Support for the MySQL database & DBD::mysql

I think Hostony does support these. Just wanting to make sure.

And in addition, I read Hostony's Terms of Service after posting my question, it said that pro-rated refund is not possible. If it's like what you mentioned, that we're entitled to get a pro-rated refund, then that'd be perfect. Are you sure on this point?

Probably that's all of my questions. Thanks for your time once again.

Charlie
Stanly
QUOTE(Charlie @ Dec 21 2004, 01:32 AM)
Dear Alec,

Thanks for your reply. Movable Type's requirements (www.movabletype.org) are as follow:

- A web server with permissions that allow you to run custom CGI scripts
- Perl, version 5.004_04 or greater, configured for your web server
- Support for the MySQL database & DBD::mysql

I think Hostony does support these. Just wanting to make sure.

And in addition, I read Hostony's Terms of Service after posting my question, it said that pro-rated refund is not possible. If it's like what you mentioned, that we're entitled to get a pro-rated refund, then that'd be perfect. Are you sure on this point?

Probably that's all of my questions. Thanks for your time once again.

Charlie

I think you need additionally contact billing@hostony.com about this question smile.gif
Charlie
Thanks Alec and Stanly. I received a message from billing confirming they do offer pro-rated refund. I appreciate your being prompt and helpful. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here