Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is probably a dumb question, but....
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
ChrisP
In CPanel under Backups, I found an option to downlad a backup of my MySQL database. I unzipped the file that was downloaded and it has all of the information that would have to be re-entered if the database were to crash. The dumb part of this is how often is that gz file created? Is all done automatically? I did nothing to make it, I just downloaded it.

I am a newbie to MySQL and I am using it for a Mailing List program that I am using on my companies website. My customers have the option of signing up for a weekly email that has information and coupons in it. I don't want to have to have all of them sign up again if something should happen to the database.

Also, is MySQL on my server and part of my domain or is it on a seperate server?

Sorry for all of the dumb questions, I am still trying to figure out all of this database stuff. unsure.gif

Thanks,
Chris
Alexandre
In CPanel under Backups, I found an option to downlad a backup of my MySQL database. I unzipped the file that was downloaded and it has all of the information that would have to be re-entered if the database were to crash. The dumb part of this is how often is that gz file created? Is all done automatically? I did nothing to make it, I just downloaded it.
An *.sql.tar.gz file is created automatically.

I am a newbie to MySQL and I am using it for a Mailing List program that I am using on my companies website. My customers have the option of signing up for a weekly email that has information and coupons in it. I don't want to have to have all of them sign up again if something should happen to the database.

We have weekly user's data backups.
You won't lost data.

Also, is MySQL on my server and part of my domain or is it on a seperate server?

Backups are stored on the separate data server.

wink.gif
ChrisP
Thank you, Alexandre for the info.

I will make sure to download the file each week. Is it possible to tell me what day each week the backup is made? I am on server 22. I log on to CPanel under chrispysworld.com and the addon domain that uses MySQL is subway2729.com, If you can't tell, I am the manager of a Subway store and run it's website. tongue.gif

Thanks again for all of your help.

Chris
Alexandre
Don't mention it smile.gif

Your last backup is from Dec 5 08:35.

Usually weekly backups are performed during the week-end.
JasonJones
Dec 5th - Today is Dec 19th.. so shouldnt there have been a Dec 12th Backup as well as one Today?

Just curious is all... 14days of lost data is a LOT..

Jason
ser_pros
Your last backup was done on Dec 19th
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here