Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Full domains: 10
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
vicoxx
Greetings all,

Since I have the SPECIAL package I'm allowed for 10 Full Domains.

How do I add a full domain?*

* I have another domain with another web-host that I wish to transfer here.

Thank you. cool.gif
MartinB
look for ADDONS in your control panel.
greetings
vicoxx
Lets review what Hostony advertise:

Here's what the help file says about Addon domains:
An addon domain is a domain name that that points to a subdirectory within your account. For example, you may want innovation.org.nz to point to business.org.nz/innovation/. Addon domains must be registered domain names that you own and configured to point to your web site's servers.

It's supposed to be another domain by it's own. not a domain name that point to subdirectories within my account.

The domain that I wish to transfer from my old webhost to Hostony is WWW.EHEX.NET and I want people to access it that way, I was don't it to look like: EHEX.DOMAIN-WITH-HOSTONY.COM

Can someone advice please ?
Niakie
With addon domains, once setup, there are three ways they can be accessed. in your example they would be:

WWW.EHEX.NET
EHEX.DOMAIN-WITH-HOSTONY.COM
WWW.DOMAIN-WITH-HOSTONY.COM/EHEX

All three will get you to your addon domain. I have a number of addon domains with my account and have had no problems whatsoever.
MartinB
me too.
you can access it from www.individualdomain.com and nobody can see that is hosted in the same account, so, you can host 10 different and independent websites.

The only limitation is than all them will share the same hostony account and Control Panel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here