Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding Users
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
richard
I already have a hosting company, but I intend to change soon. They are rubbish to be honest. I really like the look of Hostony, but I do have one query.

I want to be able to add users - so they can also edit my site at will. I want them to have their own username and password for editing the site. First of all, can Cpanel do this, and can Hostony every do this?
JasonJones
The other people editing the site, do they need Cpanel Access to be able to reconfigure the hosting options, or just access to the files on the site to change layout/content etc?

If they just need FTP access to edit/change the site, then YES, its very simple to setup for them, you can even restrict them to certain folders within the site.. So like one would be responsible for /news another /gallery etc...

Now if then need access to your Cpanel, then you would need to give them the user/pass and at any time they could reconfigure the hosting options and lock you out. There should be no need for anyone other than you to have access to Cpanel.

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here