Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 99% uptime?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
LP_
The SQL server on server 23 seems overloaded or something, several times a day it dies for a few minutes and throws my site (forums, blog) down.

<rest of post edited out>
Dark Hedgehog
To be honest, its a reason I dislike businesses sometimes..
Lehrer
QUOTE(LP_ @ Dec 7 2004, 03:04 AM)
The SQL server on server 23 seems overloaded or something, several times a day it dies for a few minutes and throws my site (forums, blog) down. Please don't tell me to open a ticket, I know I'll just get some random useless reply like "It works now" or "we were just rebooting is for <insert unrelated reason here>".

LP_,
We are planning to upgrade the mysql to the latest version, most likely this weekend. We think it would solve the problem and the performance results will grow.
But you can't claim so simply that you always become useless responds that are used to get rid of you, while the problem is not really solved.
The only thing I'd like to ask you is not to hurt the people's feelings, as the support team are also human beings and they try to do their job, nothing more. If a problem occurs- you know what to do, let us know about it. But making a laughing-stock of support - is something different. sad.gif
bpgisme
I think I'm on Server 23 too. Will there be an announcement when you guys do that? I'm assuming we won't be able to use it during the process.

Thanks!
-Bonnie
Lehrer
Bonnie,
we will surely let you all know about it beforehand
bpgisme
Cool!

Thanks! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here