Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Fantastico Available ???
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Pakwizz
Hi,

I am thinking of changing my hosting company and I found your plans to be quite impressive. However, I have several questions:
  • Do you provide Fantastico Installer?
  • As I mentioned I already own a site and domain. When I transfer I do not want to lose any data and also do not want my site to be down for more than a few hours. What will be the process for that?
Waiting for replies, Thanks
JasonJones
Fantastico is offered on the linux plans...

As for transferring your site w/o any downtime its usually pretty simple... Open the new account, login via IP and upload the content of your site, set up everything. Change over your DNS records to hostony, and as dns is propagating across nameservers you will be getting hits on both for a day or so, then eventually, nobody will be hitting the "old" provider anymore, and you can shut that one down.

The only real problem is if you run a community type of site where people may be updating information etc that you have no control over. With the above setup, you will loose any info put into your old domain as the new one is coming up. Alternatively, you can Take that section of the site down during the move as well. You should be able to transfer the database(s) so you can keep your old info on the new host.

Jason
Pakwizz
Thanks for the reply Jason ... I appreciate that smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here