Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How does Full Backup work?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bpgisme
I was working on my site and I kept seeing that Backup icon on cPanel and so, after I got finished working, I went to check it out. How does that work? Except for some of the newer things I've done and the Nucleus weblogs pretty much everything that's on the site is in a file on my hard drive, but a backup would be really nice to have just in case. Is this something I can use? There's a message there that says: cPanel System Backup is not enabled on this machine. Some other type of backup system may be in place, however downloads cannot be fetched using this module.

Thanks!
Bonnie
Alec
We use own backup system on our server.
bpgisme
So it's nothing I need to worry about then? Okay!

Thanks!
-Bonnie
Alec
Yes, and we can you back up your site fully or partially at any moment on your request
MartinB
Hello Alec, sorry but I'm curious...How is your backup cycles ?
daily? weekly ? monthly ?

Or can i choose some special cycle for a specific site or service?

greetings
midav
We perform back up every week
bpgisme
Cool. Is it an automatic thing? I mean, once you get it set up you guys at Hostony don't have to worry about it? Because, you know.... This thing is my personal site. It's not like it's a business or something of huge importance to the general population. I wouldn't want to be taking valuable time up for someone else who needs it more. smile.gif I do keep an almost complete backup on my hard drive here at home.

(Pardon my ignorance of these things please.)

I guess I'm asking if you guys recommend it for a site like mine. bpgisme.com

Thanks,
Bonnie
Lehrer
Bonnie,

I think you sort of misunderstood what Alec has written above. Backup system is not as a program - it can't be installed for you. But if you wish us to run the backup, please
inform us and we can do it for your site biggrin.gif
Lehrer
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Dec 8 2004, 12:18 PM)
Hello Alec, sorry but I'm curious...How is your backup cycles ?
daily? weekly ? monthly ?

Or can i choose some special cycle for a specific site or service?

greetings

mblendinger,
the backup system is usually run on weekends every week. But you can also ask us to settle this when it is necessary for you

Regards
MartinB
Thank you very much, Lehrer.
bpgisme
Just one more question, sorry.... smile.gif
Does it cost anything extra?

-Bonnie
Niakie
Bonnie: I'll try and clear everything up from what I understand. The system does a weekly backup of all sites as part of the service, this is included in your hosting. If you need something backed up sooner then that then you can contact support and they will back your site up (which is also included in their service)

Hope that clears things up some...
bpgisme
Whew! My brain hurts. biggrin.gif

Okay. So you're saying I don't have to ask them to do it, it just does it. If I want them to do one sooner THAT'S when I should ask. Have I got it finally? Sorry I'm so brain dead everyone. My son is keeping me up too late at night. tongue.gif My little grey cells aren't getting enough downtime. laugh.gif

-Bonnie
Niakie
You've got it! And if you think yer son is bad, try my daughter laugh.gif
bpgisme
I've got one of those too, but her head seems to be permanently attached to the telephone! rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif
Lehrer
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Dec 12 2004, 07:56 PM)
Just one more question, sorry.... smile.gif
Does it cost anything extra?

-Bonnie

It's for free, Bonnie. Nothing to worry about
bpgisme
Thanks Lehrer! biggrin.gif Sorry I am sometimes so dim! wacko.gif

-Bonnie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here