Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FTP support
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Dag
Hi all.
Due to problems with my current hosting provider (poor support, specifically), I'm looking for a new host - Hostony looks really appealing, the plans seem great. One thing I have to ask, though, is what kind of FTP servers you're running on your Linux machines.

My previous host had some weird server - I'm not sure whether it was the program itself or a mod they'd installed - that basically made it impossible for 90% of FTP clients to connect. They suggested I use WinSCP, but since I'm on Linux, it's not really an option.

I know this isn't a common thing, but I want to make sure I'm not hopping out of the frying pan and into the fire. How's your FTP support? Specifically, does gFTP work? Is passive mode supported?

Thanks in advance.
Dima
Dear Customer, I must say that we use Pro FTP and Pure FTP servers on Linux.
Dag
Thanks.

My current host uses Pure FTP too, which is a bit disconcerting, but I've done a search for FTP problems in this forum and I haven't found anything relevant, so I'm confident that it won't be a problem.
MartinB
Dag: If it can be usefull for you, I am with hostony for at least 10 months now, i have ~25 accounts here, and i have never seen ftp problems smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here