Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 70 gig bandwith or 90 gig???
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
BigJimW
Hi,

I have been a loyal customer to Hostony for 2 1/2 years. Back about a year and a half ago, there was an extended server crash that caused all our sites to be down for extended periods. As compensation, we were supposed to go to the next plan, (ie - PROFI to ADVANCED)

I was in the PROFI plan at the time, then was upgraded to ADVANCED as compensation. All was fine and dandy until recently.

My website http://www.moonport.org is now deactivated because of excessive bandwith use. I opened a ticket and was responded to that I used my 70 gigs worth.

The problem is PROFI now gives 80 gigs, and ADVANCED gives 90 gigs transfer.. So why am I stuck with an old 70 gig transfer cap? What kind of value is that? The only diffrence now is I have an extra gig of hard drive space, and have less bandwith than your cheapest plan. It seems to me that I'm now paying MORE for LESS.
Is there a way I can be compensated for this? It's a 10 gig/mo transfer diffrence, and thats a big chunk of transfer real-estate that I can certainly use.

Thank you for your time,

- Jim Williams
Webmaster Moonport.Org
http://www.moonport.org

*EDIT* My site is back up! Thanks Hostony! That was indeed fast!
Stanly
Hi Jim.
There was a CPanel bug that was just fixed by me. Your package had 90 Gb of bandwidth but couldn't load 'cause of this bug.
Thanks for your understanding.
MartinB
wow, 70gb for only 1 site, and you fall in bandwidth exeeded ?
i have 70gb for all my RESELLER package, huhu

Anyways, why the resellers plan have the same bandwidth allotment than the basic profi plan ? Is not supposed that a more expensive ($6.85 vs $24.85)) plan like RESELLER ACCOUNT must be more biggest ? huh.gif
BigJimW
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Nov 25 2004, 10:33 PM)
wow, 70gb for only 1 site, and you fall in bandwidth exeeded ?
i have 70gb for all my RESELLER package, huhu

Believe it or not, we did exceed 70 gig this month. My site is an official mirror download site for the Orbiter Space Flight Simulator package ( http://www.orbitersim.com ) and the sim was reviewed this month in PC Gamer. I got nailed by a bunch of hyper-active astronaut wannabee downloaders. laugh.gif

And thank you Stanly for fixing it so quickly. I do have to say the tech support at Hostony is one of the fastest and best I have ever delt with. smile.gif
bpgisme
Speaking of the Profi 80gb bandwidth.... Um... I emailed and asked Hostony about whether my Profi account was going to be updated to the current Profi and I was told yes, in a week to ten days.... That was on November 18th. The changes are still coming, right?

Just asking... smile.gif

-Bonnie
bpgisme.com
smokie
Yes eager to know as well, I havent been upgraded to the new Profi yet.
Please please
phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here