Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site Down & Help Desk
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Bluefin221
My domain is down again calton221.com on server22 whats the problem this time?

Also I can't use fine desk I can't get logged in, so I submitted a support ticket on the old system about it and have waited 21 hours

Also submitted a support ticket about my sub-domain stats and also waited 21 hours on that also.

If I can't get logged into the new system, and can't get answered on the old system, and can't correspond through e-mail as my server is down what do hostony expect me to do?
JasonJones
Have you tried using http://support.hostony.com/user.php ? That should give you a login to the finedesk system so you can start a new ticket... Also if you have ICQ or AIM, you can try them there as well...

Jason
Stanly
Excuse me but http://calton221.com/ is accessible for me.
Bluefin221
QUOTE(JasonJones @ Nov 20 2004, 06:38 AM)
Have you tried using http://support.hostony.com/user.php ? That should give you a login to the finedesk system so you can start a new ticket... Also if you have ICQ or AIM, you can try them there as well...

Jason

Yeah Jason, I have tried to use that page to sign in same result.
Bluefin221
QUOTE(Stanly @ Nov 20 2004, 06:39 AM)
Excuse me but http://calton221.com/ is accessible for me.

Well its not working for me and here is a small convo with a user:

Andy says:
is the domain down?
Yaco - says:
it crashed earlier
Andy says:
what time at?
Yaco - says:
about half 5

It is now 06:57 so thats 1? hours its been down, my mail also throws up this....

The host 'mail.calton221.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.calton221.com (1)', Server: 'mail.calton221.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

So all e-mail on my domain ain't working, my main site and addon sites ain't working and a user to my site has confirmed this to me, so if you can see it whats going on?
JasonJones
Its 12:26am and I cannot get to that site from:

the-cloak.net (proxy surfing)
netcraft.com (whats that site running)
and my own ISP...

It is Down...

Appears to be a DNS issue. about 90% of the ns servers I query cant find it, another 10% can (cached)

Jason
JasonJones
Your nameservers:

> calton221.com
Server: ns17.hostony.net
Address: 67.15.42.48

*** ns17.hostony.net can't find calton221.com: Non-existent host/domain

> calton221.com
Server: ns18.hostony.net
Address: 67.15.24.116

*** ns18.hostony.net can't find calton221.com: No response from server

Are those the Name servers you should be using???

ns17 responds to queries just fine for other domains.. ns18 is DOA like trying to query a ROCK... It needs Fixin..

Jason
Bluefin221
Very strangely I can get logged into my control panel, no-one else can get in my control panel, but since I can't change the DNS for the calton221.com domain I presume someone at Hostony would have to sort this.

This is a problem as I have a big day planned and can't sit around here trying to sort my domain issues
JasonJones
For your control panel do you use IP? eg: http://65.15.78.188:2082 If so thats why, if not, Bleh, Odd...

Jason
Bluefin221
QUOTE(JasonJones @ Nov 20 2004, 07:30 AM)
Your nameservers:

> calton221.com
Server: ns17.hostony.net
Address: 67.15.42.48

*** ns17.hostony.net can't find calton221.com: Non-existent host/domain

> calton221.com
Server: ns18.hostony.net
Address: 67.15.24.116

*** ns18.hostony.net can't find calton221.com: No response from server

Are those the Name servers you should be using???

ns17 responds to queries just fine for other domains.. ns18 is DOA like trying to query a ROCK... It needs Fixin..

Jason

Oh, now I can't get on my control panel, its extremely slow, this is awful as I really need to go our soon.

And without me bitching about the problem it will never get fixed.
JasonJones
Have you tried ICQ or AIM ? What kind of response did you get there?

Jason
Bluefin221
QUOTE(JasonJones @ Nov 20 2004, 07:39 AM)
Have you tried ICQ or AIM ? What kind of response did you get there?

Jason

I don't use either of they programs.

Also the above isn't my cpanel.

I really have to go now.
JasonJones
The word on the street is they are installing a new HDD in ns18, but no word on why the primary DNS doesnt know its own records... This was from an AIM chat...
CODE
[00:50] ME: Is there something wrong with NS18? Its not responsive. Also NS17 has lost the domain calton221.com and it is primary for that domain, its keeping people from resolving it out. http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=3089
[00:50] THEM: we're just installing additional HDD to that server
[00:51] THEM: sorry for so long delay at the server work
[00:51] ME: Gottcha..  Kind of bad loosing a primary DNS server, should that domain be using different DNS servers or is NS18/17 supposed to be the right ones?
[00:53] THEM: ns18/17 are right name servers

Jason
Stibuq
Server 22 DOWN AGAIN ???? What happened this time ????
Stanly
We're installing additional HDD at this machine.
Sorry for this short downtime.
Bluefin221
QUOTE(Stanly @ Nov 20 2004, 07:54 AM)
We're installing additional HDD at this machine.
Sorry for this short downtime.

This is not short thats over 4 hours now, this is added to the additional downtime everyone on server22 has had.

And this morning when I asked about you said it was working.
Bluefin221
QUOTE(JasonJones @ Nov 20 2004, 07:46 AM)
The word on the street is they are installing a new HDD in ns18, but no word on why the primary DNS doesnt know its own records... This was from an AIM chat...
CODE
[00:50] ME: Is there something wrong with NS18? Its not responsive. Also NS17 has lost the domain calton221.com and it is primary for that domain, its keeping people from resolving it out. http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=3089
[00:50] THEM: we're just installing additional HDD to that server
[00:51] THEM: sorry for so long delay at the server work
[00:51] ME: Gottcha..  Kind of bad loosing a primary DNS server, should that domain be using different DNS servers or is NS18/17 supposed to be the right ones?
[00:53] THEM: ns18/17 are right name servers

Jason

Jason thank you for your help, came online after travelling through to my Dads, I would imagine they will solve the issue themselves. But I seriously hope this is the last of the problems as its becoming increasinglt irratic.
N. Veryha
not too mention that the hdd is still 88% full even after a new one is installed....
Bluefin221
Sites seem to be back now, but after the last couple of weeks I'm not even going to think about it being reliable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here