Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frequent Availability of PHP
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
JasonJones
I'm really tired of seeing a thread in the windows/helm board keep getting dug up from 3 months ago with the same post verbatim almost, I figured I'd start my own thread here. I'll post in it from time to time to drag it back from the archives and let everyone know that PHP is running OK on the server.

Also to those that read these boards and think that hostony is nothing but downtime and bad service, think about this. The only need to post is when you have an issue or problem, so thats all you see. And really the only problems have been from 1-2 servers as of late. Not sure why those ones are having problems, just keep the users off the server I'm on! Server25 has been running stable, and experienced almost no downtime since I've signed up. Thanks Hostony!

Thanks!
Jason

PS - PHP is still working...
JasonJones
OMG!!! PHP is still working...

Pfft!

Jason
JasonJones
And now its Up, Still!!!

Ugh!

Thanks!
Jason
JasonJones
Its Working Still, I really dont understand. What you say?
MartinB
QUOTE(JasonJones @ Nov 21 2004, 11:24 PM)
Its Working Still, I really dont understand. What you say?

You have a lot of time wink.gif
Niakie
I just checked, and yet again PHP is still working!!! I just don't understand why PHP is constantly up and working smoothly!
JasonJones
Mine too!!! WTF, this seems to be some kind of pattern!

Jason
Dark Hedgehog
Yeah, i've noticed the down-times too.

Sometimes I think, upgrading and doing all this other stuff is really not the best idea.

I remember when I first signed up, EVERYTHING loaded like light speed, then, it slowly went down to almost nothing.

But I am staying regardless of what happens.

Going to get the same anywhere you go XD
JasonJones
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Nov 29 2004, 05:42 PM)
Yeah, i've noticed the down-times too.

Sometimes I think, upgrading and doing all this other stuff is really not the best idea.

I remember when I first signed up, EVERYTHING loaded like light speed, then, it slowly went down to almost nothing.

But I am staying regardless of what happens.

Going to get the same anywhere you go XD

I don't think you caught onto the Satire here...

BTW, PHP is still working, what gives?

Jason
Niakie
PHP is still up and running with no problems what so ever, I really want to know whats going on here?!?!?
Alexandre
PHP is still up and running. wink.gif
artrocity
"The Hardened-PHP Project has announced several serious and according to them, easy-to-exploit vulnerabilities within PHP. A flaw within the function unserialize() is rated as very critical for millions of PHP servers, because it is exposed to remote attackers through lots of very popular webapplications. The list includes forum software like phpBB2, WBB2, Invision Board and vBulletin. It is time to upgrade now."

http://www.hardened-php.net/advisories/012004.txt
bpgisme
I'm thinking of killing my phpBB.... Only two people ever posted there, me and my son. If there is a security risk that would give me a great excuse to can it.
So... Is there? biggrin.gif

-Bonnie

By the way.... my php is still up and running too! wink.gif
Cato
PHP works for me too! ohmy.gif

Sort of... the ImageGif() function isnt working, but the ImageJpeg and ImagePng functions work. Example of non-working and working scripts:

http://www.gwde.com/s_iresize.php?w=500&img=misc/domokun.gif
http://www.gwde.com/s_iresize.php?w=500&im...hotty_small.jpg

the w=500 is the width you want the images to be, which will resize the height as well to keep it proportioned. img= can point to any url image with gif, png, or jpg extension.
JPG and PNG works, but Gif won'twork. Can't find the ImageGif() function (goto view page source to see the error)
JasonJones
ImageGIF() outputs an image created by PHP. Since php cannot create animated or multiple images in a single file it cannot handle animated GIFs.

To read GIF images use the function ImageCreateFromGIF.

imagegif doesn't seem to work on "animated" gifs.

---

That was from the php manual at php.net... domokun.gif is animated. Also, I remember that GD dropped .gif, but I thought it brought it back, not sure...

Why not use the ImageCreateFromGif, and output to PNG? It still wont give you animated, but...??

Jason
Cato
I know it doesnt output as animated, and i don't mind. It worked before, just stopped working today. I can output it as png, i know that, but i was just wondering why it suddenly stopped working
JasonJones
Ahh, Didnt know that it had worked in the past...

I'd look at your phpversion, see if its changed, it looks like its still 4.3.8 so thats unlikely. My guess is an automated upgrade in cpanel broke something. Moved a required library, or changed its version and its now not compatible with the phpversion. Cpanel is notorious for that kind of crap. I would submit a ticket on it if it worked in the past for you.

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here