Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dedicated Servers
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Rastus
I'm curious how many Hostony customers use them and how reliable they are.

Would I be better off getting a dedicated server or do they go down just as much as the shared servers do?
Lehrer
Rastus,
Dedicated servers are considered to be the most reliable ones. No doubt you'd better have a dedicated server rather then a shared one, as they really go down rather seldom.
JasonJones
To help, I'll add an analogy...

Think of your Home's Master Bathroom. Its has plenty of space, decent lighting, etc... Its as clean you YOU keep it, it works great, rarely has problems and if it does, you usually caused it by trying to flush an entire roll of toilet paper etc... This is Dedicated Hosting...

Now think of the Public Restroom at the Local City Park. Its Lighting is just enough that you can see what you are doing, not much more, Its usually in some state of filthyness, even though the janitors might try as hard as they can to keep it clean, someone always Poops on the floor. You have to share the bathroom with many people, you each get your own cramped stall. If the guy/girl next to you flushes an entire roll of toilet paper, guess what, your toilet now wont flush. On the plus side, Public restrooms are usually built with no frills and using "industrial stength" toilets, sinks, faucets etc so they are made to take a little more abuse than your home Bathroom. This is Shared Hosting...

Jason

edit: And some Public Restrooms are always out of order because of a few of its patrons always trying to flush that proverbial Roll of Toilet Paper down the toilet... (server22) /humor
capecomp
The only thing missing is the Glory Holes between the stalls!
Alexandre
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(capecomp @ Dec 18 2004, 05:53 AM)
The only thing missing is the Glory Holes between the stalls!

*Rolls over laughing*
Don't mind if I do! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here