Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What, Me Spam?
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
patrickd
For the second time in a month I awakened one morning to find that my account has been suspended for spamming. I opened a support ticket, little or no response, then got on chat, and explained that I do not spam, that I actually have very little outgoing mail, and that the spam was probably being sent out from some other server using my domain as a return address. In fact, I frequently receive returned mail letters on mail I've never sent. I have been reinstated, so I guess my story was believed, but I haven't received any explanation. I have asked whether the Hostony SMTP server was actually the outgoing server for this spam, but have received no response.

My question is, can I check this some way? Is there an SMTP log similar to the C-Panel weblogs? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Patrickd
Stanly
1. We have mail logs but they are accessible only for our support team.
2. If you will tell me your domain name I'll check logs for your records and will show you that mail was going from your account.
JasonJones
Patrickd, do you run a php-nuke type of site? If so, might want to make sure its upgraded to the latest and greatest, there are a few exploits out there that let people send mass email via your scripts. There are also a lot of other scripts out there that have vulnerabilities as well that you may be running. Check all your scripts, make a list of what you use and hit up google looking for vunerabilities. If you need help, post your site address and a list of the scripts and versions you use, or PM them to me and I'll try and help you out as well..

Jason
patrickd
My domain is: prime-vision.com. Jason, I don't maintain a website (other than an email link), just use it for email. My business partner and I each have a couple of mailboxes. Most of my outgoing mail goes through my ISP.
Stanly, I'd appreciate any information you gan give me on this.
patrickd
patrickd
Problem solved, I think. If interested, see the third post on this thread:
http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=3084
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here