Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommended Plan for a Big Site
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Jaska
Faith Freedom International is looking for a long-term hosting solution in the advent of launching a brand new community-driven, fully PHP- and MYSQL-based site.

We are interested especially in your Special shared hosting plan, which comes with 80 GB of bandwidth and all the server goodies we need.

Anyway, we are concerned that Hostony would -- understandably -- object to our use of CPU and memory and also that our fairly resource-intensive site would be sluggish on a crowded server.

Could you state your opinion on the suitability of Hostony shared using for our site? Would you force us move to a semi-dedicated server? Below are some specs on the Faith Freedom International website.

banwidth: 45-50 GB/mo
page views: 750,000 - 800,000 / mo (as counted by Webalizer)
current phpBB forums: a couple of MySQL databases that are 200 and 250 MB in size and growing steadily -- we get more than 500 new posts per day on average; there are about 20 users active in any five minute period; bandwidth taken by the forums is around 15 GB; virtually no mods have been installed

Keep in mind that we try to grow and may become more popular once our new site is released. Try and think about us using 60-80 GB per month.
Lehrer
Dear Jaska, I would advise you to use VDS (Virtual Dedicated Server)l

http://www.hostony.com/virtual.html

In the case you described it would be the best decision in my opinion. tongue.gif
Stanly
I agree with Lehrer. You will need a VPS server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here